Fairlie Vs Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my first letter 2 days ago.

Making a claim for an initial £590 and seeking statements for the previous six years.

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be well over £2000 and my mouth is watering at the prospect of getting some of my hard earned money back.

Initialy i wasn't to bothered with working out all the APR and such but if Barclays force the case to court (i'm positive they will) i'll be claiming every penny i'm entitled to.

Have to thank everyone involved in the site for the wealth of information provided here.

The only thing i'm worried about is being over my official overdraft with a repayment plan in effect.

Is this going to effect my claim?

Having just started this thread i checked the mail and have received a letter from Barclays saying something to the effect of

"I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you shortly.

Please find enclosed a copy of our complaints leaflet, which explains how we deal with this matter."

So are Barclays actually going to contact me shortly or is this their first attempt at stalling the process?

On another note in the same post came a notice of paid referral fee of £30 for breaching my overdraft limit-LOL-how ironic is that?

That seems like a standard letter from Barclays. They didn't write again to me for a further month (due to family illness I didn't send LBA immediately). Stick to your timetable and if they don't respond within 14 days then LBA.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had my second letter from a Laurence White (Customer Relations Manager)

He says

"I refer to my letter dated 9 June

I apologise for the delayin providing you with a full responce to your complaint and thank you for your patience whilst i continue my investigation. As soon as this is completed, which i expect will be by 3 August, i will contact you again.

In the meantime should you wish to speak to me, please contact me using my direct telephone number 020 xxxxxxxx.

Yours Sincerely

Laurence White "

Looks like another standard stall letter to me.

My question is though. The date he gives (3rd August) falls at about 2 weeks after the deadline for sending my statements to me. Should i remind him a few days before the dealine?What action can be taken if Barclays fail to provide my statements within the alloted time?

Also as i am on a repayment programme to reduce my overdraft back to its original amount-from a current £580 back down to £100.In trying to reduce this amount the plan has failed on at least two occasions and i have incurred multiple referral fee's as a result.

Are they going to use this as leveridge against me?

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...