Settlement Figure - Welcome car Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

amount of credit £9,799

amount of credit for insurances £4,185

credit for goods and insurances £13,984

credit for re-financing £1000

Total amount Credit £14,984

duration 48 mnths apr 23.5%

total amount payable for goods £14,824

Total amount ayable for insurances £6,193

Total amount payable for refinancing £1,479

Total amount payable £22,498

Insurances

PPI £2,920

Mechanical breakdown £650

emergency recovery £330

shortfall extra £245

collision call £40.

exceptance fee £150

Finance Charges £4,775

charge for credit goods £4,925

charge for credit insurances £2,008

charge for re-finance £479

charge for credit Total £7,414

Date of credit agreement 02/02/06

Hi all

I contacted WCF for a settlement fee after I paid 16mths out of 48mths and nearly fell off my chair when I was quoted over £12000 after already paying £7456 of the agreement..

I then spoke to Mel at WCF Sutton, who did try to explain to me how it was broken down, but none of it sat well with me.

I explained to her that I didn't want the PPI in the first place and that it shouldn't be padded into my car loan and that I want it cancelled, and she said I should have cancelled within the first 30 day's , I did try but the sales manager told me that I must take it as the loan is quite big and it protects them against me being unable to pay the total amount.

she asked for proof such as letters or faxes which I don't have, as I phoned them rather than write to them.

In any case I wasn't advised to send any letters to cancel anyway. So only the recorded telephones conversations of which she said may not go back that far I can use as proof.

she explained something along the lines of thats how we do it here.

I then demanded to know why if I pay my loan off early should I be charged for the full 48mnths interest?, she explained that they calculate and add the interest on to the loan from day one and thats how the deal is, so basically I'm paying 48mths interest on a loan that I only want for 16mnths, plus I don't want the interest from the PPI added into this amount.

Also the contract that Mel was quoting was slightly different from mine, and as I wasn't fully employed when I bought the car the PPI and (if we want to split hairs) the loan should not have been offered/accepted.

at this point she got a little flustered and lost her composure and I smelled blood.

I demanded I come in and see them but she was to busy and offered to send me the contract details they hold which I am awaiting.

But my question to learned people on this forum is , do I have any grounds to claim the PPI and get the interest re-calculated. i know there will be charges for early payment, but £12,000 was too much

I know I signed contrcts and such and don't want to bleat, but I can't accept the amount WCF want to charge for early payment..

is there any advice you can give as to how I can reduce this ridulous amount?

Hello i'm sure someone with more back ground on such matters will be along soon, as far as i'm aware you can seek the PPI back as long as you can prove it was mis-sold to you, you might want to look at the PPI threads on this site, it will give you more info on that matter.

As with any loan early repayment will occurr fees, it might help if you had the contract as it will state what percentage is payable at differant stages of the loan. The site is full of people in similar circumstances and i'm sure you will be able to claim some intrest back, at some point, don't despair help is a hollow away.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.