• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help needed against yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone help i am just waiting for a court date so getting my court bundle ready i do not know what year i opened my account with yorkshire bank so how do i know which trems and conditions i need should i write to my bank and ask them to send me a copy although from reading these threads it looks like they are not sending them out to anyone if i ask for a copy and i keep copys of the letters would this be enough to prove to the judge yorkshire bank have not provided me with this information have they got to provide it by law thanx for any advice given

• 3 weeks later...

hi hope some one can help i have a court date 8 august i think i have most of my bundle ready but i have never done or been asked to fill in a aq is this ok should i now ring the bank and see if they will settle before court if so what number should i use for yorkshire bank thankyou for any help given

hi hope some one can help i have a court date 8 august i think i have most of my bundle ready but i have never done or been asked to fill in a aq is this ok should i now ring the bank and see if they will settle before court if so what number should i use for yorkshire bank thankyou for any help given

Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank and Northern Bank Now that their actual costs and CYNthesys have been revealed by the BBC, claim everything back for as far back as you want. Even if you have already accepted a compromise settlement, go back and get the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

I never had one, though I know that others have, I would take the bundle with you, just to be on the safe side, that way you can refer to it if you need to, also be ready to answer any questions that you are asked, there is a section on this site where you can do some reading up on what to expect at court.

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

Hi goodgirl. Can you post exactly what the letter with your court date says, and which court you are at please. Have you been asked to submit a bundle? If so you usually have to submit it 14 days before the hearing. You may not need it yet, but better to have too much info with you than too little.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hi i had a letter yesterday from court saying my case has been put on hold awaiting outcome of oft test case so i will now have to wait till that is resolved could be some time anyone got any idea how long this may take thanx

hi because the judge has ordered a stay on my case should i do anything have read about people contesting this is it worth it could it be altered when i phoned court she told me all barnsley case had been stayed to be looked at again in feb if oft case had been resolved

goodgirl

Your position is similar to most people as the courts are trying to block justice for all claimants now.

You can appeal to have the stay lifted, but to be honest this does not look very promising unless you have some special reason. This could be living on benefits, hardship, likelihood of other court action against you if you don't get your money back, terminal illness, threat of repossession and so on.

The general arguments, based on right and common sense, don't seem to be working in the main. I suspect that you need a case to argue that will make your case stand out as an example of one that really must be allowed to proceed. You also need to be prepared to go to court and argue this out for the judge.

Only you can decide, but my feeling is that you are unlikely to lift the stay unless you have some compelling reason as above. Applying to lift will also cost you another £35 and waste more of your time.

Sorry - but that's my considered view based on what's happening.

V

I disagree that a deal has been struck georgieboy. People were winning in court in Liverpool yesterday and plenty of courts are refusing the stays.

• Haha 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi everyone,

I might have a bit of uplifting news if it is as explained to me this afternoon by some nice young man at the Court offices, I have a thread in this forum "Junkimunki V Yorkshire bank", to which I have typed a letter word for word received today 8/08/07 from the YB but had 31st July on letter and took 8 days to arrive by 1st Class post , but I had already complied with an order the Judge set , which gave me 21 days to file and submit my Court bundle to court and to the Bank which I did, then it was up to the bank to do the same within 21 days of my bundle being submitted, which made the deadline for submitting their bundle yesterday 7/8/07 which has not been done.

After phoning the Court this afternoon about this matter and the letter and it's content, I was told that the banks HAVE NOT BEEN TO COURT YET ON THIS MATTER and that to have this passed they must go before a Judge who will then give them a decision, therefore they have not complied with the order, I can now enter a default against them and write and let the Judge know as well as YB of my intentions and the reasons for this. If they then do not settle b4 August 21st, and unless I have heard from the Court I must attend and let the judge know what has happened.

I have also enquired about [2] more claims that the banks themselves on their allocation form under settlement ticked the box to apply for a STAY for 1 month in order to try and settle the claim. Their allocation form was dated 22/06/07, and I have not heard a single word from them in order to try and settle the matter , once again I was told to write to the YB with reference to my intentions and to the judge at court letting him know what has happened and that should the bank request a stay I would be objecting to this as they have already defaulted by not contacting me as stated on their AQ.

Hope this gives some of you out there a glimmer of hope still, as I told the person on the phone at the court it seems to me very suspicious that a 1st class letter has taken over 8 days to arrive and that they stated in a paragraph in their letter that they WOULD SHORTLY BE APPLYING TO THE COURTS TO PUT A STAY ON ALL CLAIMS, I myself thought that this was the reason for the delay in sending the letters, which to me would be another way of prolonging actions that still could go ahead.;) ;)

If I have given anyone a bit of a lift you can give me a lift by clicking my scales, brownie points always welcome [ROFLMAO] XX

• Haha 1

Hi Caro,

Sorry for the above but thought that with it coming from The Court this afternoon, it would obviously give quite a few more people a lift this end , and I will click ur scales anyway as you are a source of valuable info.

:grin: :grin:

Hi all,

I too have recieved the same letter from YB, dated 31st July. I only recieved it on the 7th of August stating the same as yours about the stays. It was only 3 weeks ago they sent a letter saying they were reviewing my case. These people are worse than sewer rats:rolleyes:

HI ALL ,

going to Derby Court this afternoon taking a letter about YB defaulting the order set by the Judge and asking if they can enter Judgement on them for not complying with an order.;) will post outcome later xx