Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would point out that I posted well over SIX months before Rorschach's post, which was one of three 'negative' posts with 10 minutes of each other on 30 June since when no more. Do I smell a troll perhaps?

Well spotted Docman. They do seem to appear and post inane garbage before crawling back under their stones or else they are on the phone threatening some poor person.

yeah he was sussed yesterday or the day b4 on a different thead.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

UNAPPROVED POSTS

Please note that personal attacks and foul language are not tolerated on this site.

There are no circumstances in which it is acceptable and users who feel it necessary to resort to such will find their accounts moderated.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Do i have any grounds to complain.

Any thing to do with credit/banks i give the sipgate number which i set up - to record all times of calls.

I have never given Capital one my home bt telephone number, but they keep ringing everyday around between 1pm-1.30pm. I am never in this time but my mother answers the phone to the same very young sounding male.

Have they broken any rules?

yes your mother can send them a letter asking her not to contact you on her number and to contact you at your sipgate number.

Alernativly you could write to them advising of your change of number and the new number comes i to effect as of XXXX

your mother can allways just advise them over the phone that the number is not urs and that they should contact u on your direct number. It is best she also advises them that any more calls to her number would be classed as harrassement.

Edited by The GodMother

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you ask for your number to be removed then this will be done - whichever telephone system is being used - However, as my previous info was edited out - l will try again

All complaints are taken seriously - and where necessary acted upon - spare a thought for those guys on the other end of the phone - yep those who dare remind "you" that you have a debt.

If you talk to them in human civil tongue you will indeed receive the same however, should you be annoyed at them for their reminder of your troublesome financial situations who could blame them for terminating your calls - remember its your Debts that is seen as the "enemy" not the poor soul who is trying to resolve the matter for you.

However - beware - should you meet with the "Clever One's" who think they know everything about "LAW" and talk to you as if you were a second class citizen - then these you should complain about - lets get those types - yes all of them out of Debt Recovery as its those nasty few that get a ligitimate job a "Bad Name"

let me guess. U work for a DCA? if not some of what u have said sounds like u do.

so fed up with Capital One I decided to change my mobile number... some poor sods going to end up with my mobile no. after 60 days it seems (they get changed about big time by phone operators it seems!)..

Next on my list is trying to get Tiscali to change my landline number (they are useless)..

Having said that I am still awaiting info. from FOS about my harassment complaint.

To other concerned parties how can companies justify calling both landline and mobile in same day and several times? Have they a right to do this? I got Capital One to stop phoning my work and they then somehow found my mobile number (!!!) which I also use for work and home but unofficially for work purposes.

This telephone saga seems to be ongoing for everybody and never-ending???

No l dont work for a DCA at all l just believe that what is right is right and we should not loose sight of whose problem debt is should we

Sniff...sniff...what's that in the air I smell?

It's on the tip of my Bugle...

Ah...I've got it now...the unmistakable and pungent aroma of Troll!

Cheers,

BRW

thats what i thought.

No l dont work for a DCA at all l just believe that what is right is right and we should not loose sight of whose problem debt is should we

Well maybe we should remind the goverment of that when they baill out the next bank and when they borrow more regarding the down turn of the economy and we have tax rises to help them pay it back.

Edited by The GodMother
removing the stupid idea

somehow found my mobile number (!!!) which I also use for work and home but unofficially for work purposes.

I think if you call capital one from any number and you don;t withheld the number. Capital one will record the number and attach it to your account I think thats how they got one of four numbers - work, mobile, spigate and parents home number

I think if you call capital one from any number and you don;t withheld the number. Capital one will record the number and attach it to your account I think thats how they got one of four numbers - work, mobile, spigate and parents home number

thats y i use a phone box. allways good for the odd call like that

I'm fairly sure the CRAs hold Data relating to Mobile Phone Accounts, as I have never, ever, given my Mobile Number to anyone apart from close family and friends, and have never, ever, called a bank using it...

...and yet guess who also gets Harassment Calls to his Mobile?

Now, how did they get that number then? My guess is a deep trawl through the CRA Data to see if I had a Mobile Phone account and, hey presto, up pops a number for them.

I may be wrong, but my finger is pointing at the CRAs, or failing that, some dubious links between Mobile Phone Accounts and the CRAs that the bankers can somehow access.

Cheers,

BRW

You can block any number you dont know from your mobile. This is bu barring all number that are not in your phone book.

A good way of getting rid of unwanted calls.

i dont know if you want the bar then as it sounds like u are having to much fun. lol.

Forgot to say it also helps with getting rid of the inlaws.

i dont know if you want the bar then as it sounds like u are having to much fun. lol.

I wish! But now they are calling, I may as well run with it and add more Calls to the Harassment Log. I'll block them when I've got enough evidence...need more names now, as have enough Logged Calls to sink a Battleship.

Cheers,

BRW

Its the aircraft carrier next then.lol

We will soon be announcing a recorder which will record calls from your ordinary landline telephone as well.

Can't come soon enough, but as with everything it has to be within our budget.

Any chance of hiring?

There are ways or recording fairly easily to a PC. This company make an excellent piece of software - sorry can't post link - google "TRX call recorder". You need to connect your line through a splitter and a type of accoustic coupler. You can get the software on a free trial. If you don't want to pay for the hardware, I can send you a simple circuit diagram so you can make a coupler for a couple of quid (if you don't mind using a soldering iron)!

Theres a sound recorder built into Windows XP which is accessible through start, all programs, accessories, entertainment.

Records in wav format.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.