Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I never suggested IVA/Bankruptcy, I said they were an option. Particulary IVA's, which are an excellent tool for those heavily in debt, which was the reason why they were intoduced in the 3rd place. DCA's do not generally benefit from people entering into an IVA/Bankruptcy, its far better for the debt to be paid in full via a payment arrangement - but I'm certainly not going to argue about it.

Please tell that to 1st Credit Deshaine. And the other 'rogue DCAs' we deal with here.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Have you any kind of idea what that does to people Deshaine?

Have you read some of the most recent threads in this forum?

Do you seriously believe that such a threat is useful?

Hello All!

Prodding a Troll with sticks only encourages them to disgorge/spew more Credit Industry Propaganda, Debtor Slap Downs and annoying patronising clap-trap suggesting Debt is something clear and well defined!

Debt = you owe it, now, how are you going to Pay it.

There is no space in the Borg/Troll closed loop banking mind that can even begin to cope with the concepts of Engineered Debt, Unfair Debt, Illegal Debt, Manipulated Debt, Penalty Debt, Vindictive Debt, Debt Created wholly because of Access to Privileged Information for Unjust Enrichment.

Need I go on?

There's no point trying to reason with this. It's a bloated self-serving and delusional industry that is so far up its own backside that it would be very funny if we were not paying for the Bonuses, the BMWs, the Golfing Weekends, the Yachts, the glossy Web Sites and Magazines, the hard sell TV marketing...

[removed unnecessary comment]

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by freakyleaky

Your completely right Godmother- The bailiff has no powers whatsoever to enter your property forcefully unless you have already, previously, allowed them entry in order to catalogue your posessions for removal.

This could soon change however, with proposed legislation to increase baliffs powers. Even with a change in legislation would they still not have to prove I am the owner of the debt. I mean a simple search of the electrol roll would have proven that a Mr who ever does not live here. I mean common sense would have said that as they were recieving mail back to say the person they wanted to contact does not live here would mean u would need to check and also when you are speaking to a lady not calling her a bloke who also be sensible.

Its unnacceptable that you haven't had at the very least an apology. I know that but cant be assed to sort it out as it would be a waste of my time really.

And to the contrary Banker, I'm certainly not harrasing anyone on here. If anyone has any genuine questions, feel free to ask.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Did you get your refund from the tv auction company in the end? I'm afraid I lost track of your thread.

Not yet i have issued legal papers and have had to make a new thread based on those papers will PM u the link.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello All!

Prodding a Troll with sticks only encourages them to disgorge/spew more Credit Industry Propaganda, Debtor Slap Downs and annoying patronising clap-trap suggesting Debt is something clear and well defined!

Debt = you owe it, now, how are you going to Pay it.

There is no space in the Borg/Troll closed loop banking mind that can even begin to cope with the concepts of Engineered Debt, Unfair Debt, Illegal Debt, Manipulated Debt, Penalty Debt, Vindictive Debt, Debt Created wholly because of Access to Privileged Information for Unjust Enrichment.

Need I go on?

There's no point trying to reason with this. It's a bloated self-serving and delusional industry that is so far up its own backside that it would be very funny if we were not paying for the Bonuses, the BMWs, the Golfing Weekends, the Yachts, the glossy Web Sites and Magazines, the hard sell TV marketing...

Urgh, talking of spew...I can't hold it in any longer...damn, all over my keyboard too...and the far wall!

Cheers,

BRW

Brilliant post BRW:D

Maybe DCA Anthropology should be a new Social Sciences Uni Course?

That sound like a good course i hop it is free.

P1 i see u are here can u give us a bit more insit in to this new legislation that the DCA is on about?

Also how who this new legislation effect the inocent partys like me re my previous post and post number 391.

Actually, I never suggested IVA/Bankruptcy, I said they were an option. Particulary IVA's, which are an excellent tool for those heavily in debt, which was the reason why they were intoduced in the 1st place. DCA's do not generally benefit from people entering into an IVA/Bankruptcy, its far better for the debt to be paid in full via a payment arrangement - but I'm certainly not going to argue about it.

There's nothing "excellent" about an IVA at all.... especially when an alleged balance includes unlawful charges/fees. To suggest that these were introduced to help people in debt is the kind of PR I would expect from someone in the finance/debt industry. Personally, I've found the CCA request to be much more effective ;)....

In circumstances where CCA law may not apply, then a low F&F settlement based on a fraction of the amount alleged to be outstanding can also be an affective solution. If a creditor cannot be bothered with collecting token payments, based upon someone's personal circumstances.... then a low F&F will sometimes get rid of the problem without the need for testosterone-fuelled, harrassing 'phone calls, threats of a property charge and suggestions to borrow from friends and family.

I don't expect you to suggest such alternatives because it would dent your profits, of course.... but circumstances are circumstances and people don't borrow money in the knowledge that their llives are going to go t*ts up at some point down the line.

The finance industry however, will have already made its own risk assessment through the Credit Ref. Agencies, before lending to individuals in the first place. DCAs are just after a quick buck and prey on the misfortune of others, IMO.

So... if the creditor doesn't like the risk, then they shouldn't lend the money..... and if the DCA buys it without the legal right to collect, then it's tough.

:)

Edited by PriorityOne

P1 does not work for the finical industry and dont mke assumptions b4 u know the truth.

U should have learnt that by now.

P1 i see u are here can u give us a bit more insit in to this new legislation that the DCA is on about?

Also how who this new legislation effect the inocent partys like me re my previous post and post number 391.

Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill

Am not sure how things stand with it at the moment, but there was a petition against it on here some time ago. The above link should take you to CAB for info...

I think our friend is emphasising bullet point 3....

Edited by PriorityOne

P1.

Just read what you posted up. It is good but what i did not find anywhere on it was how it would effect innocent ppl who have moved into rented accomidation after someone else that has a lot of debt, like my original pos about this issue highlights, How would l be protected against a baliff if this new legislation was to come into effect?