Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Association encourages members to work to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics. Each Association Member signs a declaration of compliance to adhere to the strict guidelines issued by the

Association.

• The Association has a structured complaint handling procedure. All complaints are fully investigated and, in cases of serious or repeated breaches of the Association’s code, members may be expelled and reported to the relevant Government body.

Who writes this poppycock.

How many members have been expelled or reported

The Association encourages members to work to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics. Each Association Member signs a declaration of compliance to adhere to the strict guidelines issued by the

Association.

• The Association has a structured complaint handling procedure. All complaints are fully investigated and, in cases of serious or repeated breaches of the Association’s code, members may be expelled and reported to the relevant Government body.

Who writes this poppycock.

How many members have been expelled or reported

I quite agree with you ODC. I think an interesting debate would be how self-deluded are they. For example, when I see Angela Knight from the BBA speaking on TV I wonder if she really believes what comes out of her own mouth. I definitely think that power helps foster a false sense of righteousness and self-legitimacy. I'm sure there are many of them that are fully aware of just how dreadfully their companies have behaved though. Does anyone know of anything bad that the CSA have ever said about themselves? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

A full copy of the Manifesto can be downloaded by clicking here

Under the paragraph on the 'Limitations Act 1980' on page 8:

'This will invariably increase costs to defaulting consumers through court charges and add congestion to the courts with small claim debt cases.'

I just love it when they take our side. So, those are the reasons why they don't want the said Act shortened to 3 years then! Not to mention the 'detrimental effect to commerce as a whole'. They are 'concerned' about debtors and the courts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bless their souls! Now why on earth do I have tears streaming down my cheeks, after nearly biting my tongue as well, as I type this post? It's got nothing to do with their profits at all! No no no no no. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! GET REAL YOU BUNCH OF (EDIT)

Comment on edit - That was the polite option I used!

hi all

if anyone is interested i can get phone recorders direct from manufacturer, they are mp3 recording devices with added function that allows you to connect to a phone, they have a 128 mb int mem and compatible with most operating systems including mac. it comes with software disc to, the more i buy the cheaper they are, ie 10 will cost £30 each 1 will cost £38, if i buy 50 they will cost £25

if anyone wants more info or spec on these pm me

I haven't been posting in the debt forums for a few weeks. I am under a self-imposed hiatus due to a build up of stress. :D :D :D I just get steamed whenever I show up here. I feel like David Banner on a bad day who has just been slapped on the forehead by the Tango Man. More self-control and anger management definitely needed. However, I certainly haven't forgotten this. I want to make one last appeal for people to send these letters off and post up the results. As it stands, it is already clear that these letters are regularly being ignored. I will wait till April 1st, a good day to start dealing with these fools, and then consider my next step. One I thing I definitely want to see is a simple web form where these complaints can be submitted on the OFT site and then automatically directed to TS. Does that sound reasonable? Anyone have any other ideas?

BUMP.

I'm going to start heckling the OFT then. My own personal minicrusade. Does anyone have any good suggestions apart from what I have already mentioned.

Thanks.

I really must refrain from phoning an un-named company (ok twist my arm Marbles!) and asking the operator who answers for their personal details. Stupid twits usually give name, date of birth and then start wondering why. When they eventually ask why I want o know I reply it's important, security, DPA and all that rubbish. Last supervisor of an operator got sooo exasparated and hung up! I almost felt guilty..... must cost a bit their phone number and all but it madkes me feel good and then I Unplug the phone (having done 141 previous to making call)... now would this be called harassment if I call them 1/day .. 5/day??? I really really really want to discuss my account but need their details... there really is a need for a new sort of class warfare against these large organisations... via the net of course or making use of new technology... or ........ hmmmm... damn these shareholders.

Is it right that you can record phone calls weither you tell the caller or not and can the recording be used in court.

I recently told a caller i would record him ,he said he would not give his permission and that the rcording would be void

As far as I know a private individual can record calls and does not need the permission of the caller to do so. In fact Im 99% certain that you do not even have to tell the call you are recording the call.

That is correct, but those undeclaired recordings cannot be entered as evidence. I do believe that transcripts can though.

Of course you may make it known that you have recorded and any judge could order that the recordings be heard.

You do not need the permission from someone to record call, you only have to inform them that you are recording them.

you can record the calls and the calls can be used as evidence.

Some companys still dont inform ppl if they are recording them and they use them as evidence.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

brb with one

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

print dont sign and send buy recorded delivery at least.