Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ODC, as ever you have restored my faith I was beginning to doubt myself especially when he said "dont tell me about telephone harrasment, I know everything there is to know. are you legally trained?"Obviously a pompous prat who has been brainwashed by his bosses. He obviously hasnt heard of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If the harrasment continues you can of course report them for breach of the 2003 Communications Act section 127. You can as I told you earlier report them to TS and the OFT. Ofcom is another group who would be interested in your complaint as well as your telephone company.

Well I'm not so I was stumped, I ended the call with "well the amount has been paid so look a fool and take me to court then." Now i am itching to call back as I cannot believe I let them upset me so much, I am usually so calm.

Can they record any details of that call if I would not answer security questions???

They will probably make a note on their computers but what the hell. They will certainly not have recorded the call because it was illegal. It is important that you log all calls they make. If you are not recording their calls make sure they think you are.;)

Hello,

New to posting on this site so sorry if this post is in wrong place but could someone please advise me if 1ST Credit has broken any kind of data protection law by their actions this week when they phoned me and if so should I complain to anybody in particular.

The complete story is on my thread Chalkitup v DCA’s but basically when 1st Credit called me they only asked if I was Chalkitup and I said yes, they did not ask any security questions and I did not give my reference number to them. They then spoke to me about my account for seven minutes. How did they know it was me? The complete call has been recorded by me!

P.S. I have only started speaking to the DCA’s since following advice on this site and purchasing recording equipment in the hope of collecting evidence against them for future use.

Thanks

Chalkitup

Hi there, this is my 1st thread so I guess this makes me a newbie. I've been visiting CAG for some time now.

To the matter at hand, I've been receiving phone calls from Alliance International Credit for a few weeks now as advised by my wife who happened to be home on a few occassions. I was home one evening 2 weeks ago when the phone rang (witheld number of course), converstation went along the lines of

Caller: "Can I speak to such and such person".

Me: "Speaking" (As you do)

Caller: "My name is Mr McConnochie (Scottish accent), can I ask you some security questions"

Me: "No you can't, what's this about?"

McC: It's about your Associates (or something to that effect) A/C

Me: I've never had one of those, I don't know what you're talking about

MC: "Yes you do", Answer some security questions and I'll tell you what's it's about"

Me: I don't know what you're on about and I promptly hung up.

Seconds later he calls back and I promptly tell him in no uncertain terms my number's ex-directory so he shouldn't have it in the first instance, I also advise him this is harrassment, he responded "It is Not", I then told him to write me if he needed to contact me and never to call my house again, then hung up.

I then receive a card on Satruday the 21st requesting immediate payment of £431.44 for something I have no idea of, I've never owned an Associates card.

He left me a v-mail today at 14:14, can anyone point me in the right direction of the Telephone Harrassment letter as I'm geting quite miffed with this character, I intend to send it to every office AIC has.

I'l be contacting TS, Consumer Direct and anyone who'll listen tomorrow, oh yes and another thing, I intend to be waiting outside Maplins when they open tomorrow..

Is there anything else I should be doing?? Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there, this is my 1st thread so I guess this makes me a newbie. I've been visiting CAG for some time now.

To the matter at hand, I've been receiving phone calls from Alliance International Credit for a few weeks now as advised by my wife who happened to be home on a few occassions. I was home one evening 2 weeks ago when the phone rang (witheld number of course), converstation went along the lines of

Caller: "Can I speak to such and such person".

Me: "Speaking" (As you do)

Caller: "My name is Mr McConnochie (Scottish accent), can I ask you some security questions"

Me: "No you can't, what's this about?"

McC: It's about your Associates (or something to that effect) A/C

Me: I've never had one of those, I don't know what you're talking about

MC: "Yes you do", Answer some security questions and I'll tell you what's it's about"

Me: I don't know what you're on about and I promptly hung up.

Seconds later he calls back and I promptly tell him in no uncertain terms my number's ex-directory so he shouldn't have it in the first instance, I also advise him this is harrassment, he responded "It is Not", I then told him to write me if he needed to contact me and never to call my house again, then hung up.

I then receive a card on Satruday the 21st requesting immediate payment of £431.44 for something I have no idea of, I've never owned an Associates card.

He left me a v-mail today at 14:14, can anyone point me in the right direction of the Telephone Harrassment letter as I'm geting quite miffed with this character, I intend to send it to every office AIC has.

I'l be contacting TS, Consumer Direct and anyone who'll listen tomorrow, oh yes and another thing, I intend to be waiting outside Maplins when they open tomorrow..

Is there anything else I should be doing?? Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a new thread of your own so as the replies do not get mixed up in this one and we will help you sort these muppets out - they are probably after someone with a name like yours

They have recently started pestering me , for an old debt ..

DCA : Hello, are you Mr Percival Wigglesbottom ?

Percy : Alas no , that is my former name . I am now Mr Bard , so named after the many a minstrel and troubadour that have graced the pages of literature and poetry in our grand medieval history .

DCA : Can I inquire as to your Forename Mr Bard ?

Percy : Statute , now F*** off .

Hi inexpensive way to record calls. Tesco do a BT phone for about £20

you can turn on the conference facility and record the call using a small

tape recorder . When the tape is full take your computer mike and re record the messages from the tape. Tapes are about £8 and can soon fill up so by wiping the tape and re using costs can be reduced.

Recorded delivered letters can cost £1 plus and they some times get lost

why not fax the telephone number is recorded by your fax machine and also your telephone company provides a record which can be used to to provide proof of delivery. My telephone bill can be checked on line

after the fax has been transmitted.

Just a thought ( postal strikes and two recorded letter that went astray)

I had an idea you could use an old voice/fax modem with a bit of software to filter out or monitor/record any incoming calls . Only problem being, you'd need to have the PC always connected . I do have one of those old modems for voice/fax , might look up on the web for recording software.

Even if it isn't used to further along to other agencies .. financial ombudsman etc .. always good for a laugh to hear a struggling DCA who can barely speak english ( as in my case ) or to point at with derision later.

They have recently started pestering me , for an old debt ..

DCA : Hello, are you Mr Percival Wigglesbottom ?

Percy : Alas no , that is my former name . I am now Mr Bard , so named after the many a minstrel and troubadour that have graced the pages of literature and poetry in our grand medieval history .

DCA : Can I inquire as to your Forename Mr Bard ?

Percy : Statute , now F*** off .

Hi perc, LOL, 1.gif1.gif, you have made my day, WELCOME, we all need a bit of light relief in this oh so serious world we have become embroiled in.

Happy posting:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

I like that they have unprounceable names, nothing goes far until I get the name spelled correctly , sometimes they don't even want to give their surname at all , it all takes time to write their names down .. p o n d e r o u s l y sloooooow ... I get it wrong sometimes and we have to start again . They are in such are rush, you would think they are target driven . Not one has lasted yet to the full name length, but perhaps because i get it wrong so often towards the end syllable of the surname .

I love to waste their time, well .. when nothing else on the agenda, better to be spelling out their name a few times to me than annoy old ladys that do not know these imbiciles have no right of law to chase old debts with threats of court action.

PS when you do this to them.. talk really slow, they hate that , the slower you talk the more you wind them up , they think they can whizz you through the process of identification.. not so.. this is your territory to torture them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I responded to this thread (post #57) and Bankfodder's posting #44 and also PMed Bankfodder with no response.

Can anyone point me to a decent recommended solicitor, preferably in the Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire area that I could take my two cases up with?

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

Well I responded to this thread (post #57) and Bankfodder's posting #44 and also PMed Bankfodder with no response.

Can anyone point me to a decent recommended solicitor, preferably in the Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire area that I could take my two cases up with?

I have sent you a PM.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi rae mae

I had some contact with HFO until I sent them a letter asking for details of the assignment. When their solicitor (Turnbull Rutherford) wrote back ASSURING me that they had everything, I ,of course, completely accepted those assurances - for all of 2 seconds! TR are the in-house lawyers who don't have much idea. I CCA'd HFO in June and haven't heard from them since.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi rae mae

I had some contact with HFO until I sent them a letter asking for details of the assignment. When their solicitor (Turnbull Rutherford) wrote back ASSURING me that they had everything, I ,of course, completely accepted those assurances - for all of 2 seconds! TR are the in-house lawyers who don't have much idea. I CCA'd HFO in June and haven't heard from them since.

Hi Docman,

I CCA`d HFO in April for my son, while in dispute with Barclaycard over a debt made up of charges. Have also had a letter from TR saying they would send information I have asked for, on to me. Not heard a thing.

HFO started phoning the day after it was announced about the banks going to court.

All my sons correspondence with BC/HFO have been sent to the FOS.

rae may

Hello,

Re my recent post 103 on this thread .... can anyone please tell me if any kind of law was broken by the DCA.

Thanks

Onwards And Upwards.

Chalkitup :)

I am sure they have to verify your identitiy (well go through the motions) to be able to talk to you on the account. So yes they have acted incorrectly. I am very confident that the best trick is to get a good friend to answer when they ring. Record the call. Get the friend to say they are not you, but offer full payment of the debt, as they are your friend. Get them to say what you owe. Bingo! You got them. Send off the evidence and make a complaint. I can just see that trick working again, again and again.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Lloyds Credit Card have been harassing my daughter since the beginning of May despite the fact that the CAB wrote to them in April regarding token payments. They have been phoning 3/4 times daily. 2 weeks ago they phoned at 4.30 on a Sunday afternoon but last night was the last straw 6.19 pm on a Sunday evening. As my daughter has a mental health problem authorisation has been sent to them for me to deal me, which they have ignored and when I said my daughter was ill they said "tell her to go into her branch". Another time when I said she was ill, I was told to go and fetch her. I have copied OFT, FSA and FOS in on all correspondence to Lloyds with no response. I sent a very strong email to the FOS last night and ho and behold they rang me this afternoon and they are now contacting Lloyds and will let me know how they get on tomorrow.

I have also written a very strong letter to OFT today and asked the question "What is the point of all this Regulatory Bodies when no body does anything about Lloyds breaking the Debt Collection Guidelines".

I am logging calls, but is there anything else I can do, as this is wearing us both down.

I hope you have now managed to get something sorted here matey - I reported your post as unanswered & it looks like Gizmo may have come to the rescue!

Don't give up! :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

I'm getting calls from a certain firm of solicitors, despite the debt being statute barred and court action that has been stayed for months without them responding to the defence.

It's not my debt but it is my phoneline and I object to having messages left on it and when I answer it, some rude person insisting that I give them information.

Steeley

Steeley

First check that they are a bone fide firm of solicitors by checking the Law Society web site at The Law Society - Find a solicitor . If it a OK firm, then you should make a comlaint to the Legal Complaints Service at www.legalcomplaints.org.uk . I would also send a cpy of the complaint directly to the firm to let them know you mean business.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request