Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Pay your debts people

so why are you on here posting comments if you have no axe to grind? you some sort of champion of the people?

I'm guessing you cant get a loan either [edited] or you go along with a mask on and admit you wont be paying it back?

And as i said before read my threads before replying. i havent once mentioned phoning disabled people or harrassing people.

Edited by jonni2bad

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So no answer to my questions? typical tactics of a DCA that has no understanding of the law.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

Dont be hypocritical Stardust boy, you seem to tar all the people who work in banks and dca's with the same brush. Not nice is it.

Well why take out the money if you have no intention of paying it back? that amounts to theft in my opinion.

At the risk of being royally Wahed I will bite, and try to answer your points sensibly.

Whilst your opinion of what constitutes theft differs from the legal reality (and is in any case of no consequence), you should note that no-one on CAG condones borrowing money with no intention of paying it back. What we do encourage, however, is individuals asserting their legal rights when they are in debt. People get into debt for all sorts of reasons, such as bereavement, relationship breakdown, redundnacy and so on. However, you seem to have fallen for the DCA assumption that all are 'won't pays' rather than 'can't pays'.

No bank want an account to go to a DCA and it only goes there when the bank have exhausted all avenues open to them to collect on. Therefore if your account is with a DCA then you have already ignored or led the bank on for a while.

We may need to agree to disagree on this one. Banks are in business to make as much profit as possible; they are do not provide a social or community service. Passing a debt to a DCA is simply part of their business practice, and is designed to maximise the profit on delinquent accounts. When they sell debts, they do so in order to profit from both the sale and tax allowances.

I have worked for both a DCA and a bank and i have also taken out finance. From a DCA/Bank point of view we want to get customers back on track but there is a small percentage of people who just have no intention of paying their debt back and we know this, we just accept it and act accordingly i.e legal action etc.

Again, DCAs do what they do in order to make profit; they aren't interested in getting people 'back on track' - if you believe this then I suspect you are rather gullible.

From a consumer point of view i have had difficult months where i've missed a few payments but have called my credit companys and sorted it out, i've never came on here and left comments having a go at DCA's for my own shortcomings.

Well done you. I do not know what the reasons for your difficult months were. As I said above, people are in debt for all sorts of reasons, many of which are outside their cintrol and this not shortcomings of their own making. Some need help to manage the situation, and CAG provides both practical and emotional support.

I think a lot of the people on here should have a good look in the mirror before they post their threads.

Mirror check - done. Still me.

We're all different. I am occasionally guilty of judging those who work for DCAs by my own standards, but I realise that not everyone has had the same opportunities as me. I'd still rather have my campaign medals (not quite finished the collection yet), my souvenirs of being an aid worker in a conflict zone, my friends, family and memories, than a shiny credit record and a smug, self-satisfied attitude.

And the next time you put the news on and see a headline about the "credit crunch" give yourself a pat on the back and say "great, i helped bring about that".

On the contrary, whenever I hear about the credit crunch I am reminded of Cyclops Broon and his Cabinet of Clowns, and the banks with their irresponsible lending, investment in sub-prime markets and corporate arrogance. I'm reminded of DCAs and their foreign owners, leaching money from this country, and of people desperate to earn commission by bullying others, whilst my friends and colleagues in sandy places put themselves in harm's way.

Look in the mirror yourself, and ask what you've contributed to the world.

• Haha 1

Watch out watch out theres a smelly troll about.....

New Olympic event troll flinging. We could throw them further than the shot put i'll bet.

Tell your mates, the printer in your offices is crap by the way, cant you afford decent ink and letterheads.

Or maybe they should have looked at my other posts on cag now they a re registerd members them selves and they would of understood why I am registerd disabled. Actually i have come on this forum to get charges back from the banks like alot have.

Still no answers to my questions. typical DCA's

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

Hello Folks!

There's no point feeding a Troll, they are on another wave length to normal decent people.

A Troll's spine is also amazingly flexible, like its morals and opinions. This amazing flexibility allows it, when faced with opinions that it can't be bothered to comprehend, to lean over forewards, grasp itself firmly by its ample buttocks, and insert its head up its own backside.

Right now, that's where this Troll's head is. The Troll is not receiving. This Troll is only broadcasting. It's just an Open Mike at the moment, broadcasting standard Debt Industry propaganda.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

scarlett pimpernel i understand what your saying, but at the bank we were always taught 98% of people pay their debts with no problems, and of the 2% that dont only a small fraction dont want to pay. but what you find is that when you try to speak to people on the phone they tend to lie in order to avoid paying back their debts, now as you say the bank employ us to make money, we're not there to simply guide people through difficult times as we arent a DMA. But we are taught to help as much as possible, but this is a two way street with the consumer. If they want to lie or ignore us then they can have no complaints when the account goes to DCA and they start the heavy tactics. I'm sure you cant argue with that, but i'm sure there are others on here who will.

From my own experience I am entitled to tarr the two together, they were inhouse, though didnt want me to know that. External dcas are even lower down the chain as they scrape the bottom of the barrel and often do not have the documents they profess to have. You are entitled to your own opinion but your user name says it all.

You tarr all people who say they cant pay as wont pay and cause a lot of misery. You chose your profession and are trained to targets fair enough, but unless you have some valuable advice then your in the wrong forum. Oh and pay your debts doesnt intimidate anyone who knows there rights and has done their best to do just that. Sorry we wont add to your bonus. Do you get double time for bank holidays or are you so addicted to your job, you cant leave it alone. x

no stardust, i just cant think of any better way to spend my bank holiday than harrassing old disabled grannies to boost my bonus.

Well still no answer

Its no crime to fluff a few words. It is a crime to ignore consumer law and can you only be nasty about spelling, have I hit a nerve about conduct. Bye bye sad troll off to fight on, by the way saddos really do stick out on forums. A level English you might have, common sence none and so what I spealt it wrong, more to life than that.:)

Pay your debts people: BRW why dont you go and see if you can get yourself a life? When was the last time you contributed to society? Your an embarrasment to the country

ROTFPML!

I think the Troll's grasp of its 11+ Grammar is slipping:

dont should be don't!

Your should You're!

embarrasment is missing an s!

country suggests fields and cows and things!

Country is the thing I served to allow Trolls like this to have freedom of speech!

It's a great shame to see that freedom abused. The cost of that freedom for many people I knew was the highest one there is.

Hell, but what do I know, I've never been a banker. I'll never get the chance to sit my Grandchildren down and tell them old banking stories.

How can I ever live with myself, electing as I did to serve my Country instead of risking everything to serve in a bank, or go front line at a DCA.

Cheers,

BRW

I am sure you did BRW, maybe on you're computer you have fought for queen and country. This forum is great for people like you, complete fantasist.

I am sure you did BRW, maybe on you're computer you have fought for queen and country. This forum is great for people like you, complete fantasist.

The Troll's Grammar is falling apart again!

Six brain cells just can't hack it under pressure.

It's sweating like a DCA in a Maths Test.

Cheers,

BRW

Guest forgottenone
This forum is great for people like you, complete fantasist.

Oh, dear ... another attention seeker. You obviously want people to answer you ... eg 'bite'. Gets you through your day I suppose getting at people. Something is missing from your life. As you are intelligent enough to use a computer ... then ... or maybe not ... you will also know that the Protection from Harassment Act extends to internet forums ... or not.

Incidentally, how do YOU know what BRW status currently is? What's yours?

Target will revert to playground insults when hit; dress forward onto the firing point and carry on.

Those of us who have served do tend to look down at some of those who have not. I'm afraid that people who make no positive contribution to society, and especially those who mock people who do, do not deserve any consideration in my view. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this includes the type of oxygen thieves who work for DCAs.

When you've come face-to-face with people who seek to kill you, when you've been under fire, and when you've seen what some humans will do to other humans, you might understand where we come from. We play by big boys' rules, and it takes more than some badly-educated urchin in a call-centre to scare us.

Guest forgottenone
If they want to lie or ignore us then they can have no complaints when the account goes to DCA and they start the heavy tactics.

*chokes*

Takes a certain person, with certain 'qualities' to work in or at a DCA ... emphasis on 'quality'. If you think there is any 'honour' is what you do, how you behave towards people then you are deluding yourself. Why am I even stooping to answer this?? :D

I see theyve started a new profile off

Guest casbags

oh yeah, because only one person disagrees with you lot????

I dont think so.

I cant beleive there is a forum dedicated to moaning about having to pay your debts.........

The rule is quite simple.......if you borrow monay and spend it then you need to pay it back!!

It really is not rocket science guys!

I dont moan about having to claim about my debts.

I moan about banks stealing from me.