Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why should you never use your real signature to a DCA?

Hello,

With computers it is easy to copy and paste things ....... so let us take a hypothetical instance....

Let us say a chap did a request to "company A" for an agreement from years ago..

The agreement has been destroyed by "company A" many years past ...

But with a copy of a signature and a computer perhaps "company A" could "make" an agreement and then say it was the original ...

Not that they would of course .... because that would be illegal.8)

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

With computers it is easy to copy and paste things ....... so let us take a hypothetical instance....

Let us say a chap did a request to "company A" for an agreement from years ago..

The agreement has been destroyed by "company A" many years past ...

But with a copy of a signature and a computer perhaps "company A" could "make" an agreement and then say it was the original ...

Not that they would of course .... because that would be illegal.8)

Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Right with you now!

Regards

Kieran

Harassment Complaints Ongoing

Sky Card

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

Harassment Complaints Won

Mercers Debt Collections Ltd

Nationwide Debt Recovery (NDR)

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc

Has anyone any idea how to proceed witha harrasment case through the court? I have had an ongoing battle with Cap One since 2007 and now they have sent debt to Debitas, even though they now the account is in dispute and that i have made a claim for charges. I have a call log of 5 months showing all calls from them, sometimes 4-5 a day. Any advice will be very welcome. Thanks.

Hi, this is my first post on the forum, so not sure if this is the right place, but here we go.

I have just received a letter from red debt collection services, chasing a debt for a mobile phone company.

I did take out a contract with the phone company about 5 years ago, but took the phone back the next day for a number of reasons and asked to cancel my contract.

A month later I received a bill from the company, so I rang up and explained that I had cancelled my contract. They seemed to accept this and said they would amend my records, but a month later I received another bill. I again called up, explained the situation, and they said everything was ok.

That was the last I heard before this letter saying I owe just under a hundred pounds. I have the money to pay, but don't feel the debt is mine. However I no longer have any letters to prove my side of the story.

I spoke to red, who say the debt is now theirs and they will start legal proceedings if I refuse to pay.

What is the best way to handle this?

start a thread on the debt collection forums as u will get more help there. But i will say send them a prove it letter

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi, I have had one of my debts passed on to a dca, who phoned me up and left a message on fone saying that I had 48 hours to call them, what are they doing and how should I respond to them.

Will they be coming round my house next....?

Any help would be appreciated.

Say the calls are being recorded for training purposes say what they say to that lol

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

tahats a good one JC.

Yes u can tell them what u like but here are a few golden rules.

1 NEVER EVER EVER PHONE THEM. UNLESS THE CALL IS BEING RECORDED BY U.

2 IF THEY RING RECORDED THE CALL. IF YOU CANT RECORDED THEN REFUSE TO GO THREW THE SECURITY QUESTION.

3 SAY ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE WRITE TO ME. THEY HATE THAT REPEAT AS MAY TIMES PER PHONE CALL AS U LIKE. THEY WILL GET BORD AND HANG UP.

4 IF THEY CANT WRITE TO U THEN TELL THEM U WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM. qUOTE OFT GUIDLESLINE IF THEY SAY WHY SHOULD WE.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello "Pay your debts people"!

Is that Troll I can smell?

And which bank or Debt Collecting Agency do you work for then, exactly?

Please take your small mind and matching intellect elsewhere, as they have no place on this Forum.

Many vulnerable people need help here. The last thing they need is to be hassled on this Thread by the gaping pie hole of the Debt Industry spouting out the party line.

Cheers,

BRW

Guest Pay your debts people

Well why not call the DCA's or the banks and explain to them that you are having difficulties paying rather than sitting on here boasting about how rude you are to staff who work at these places and which letters to send and how to avoid paying your debt. its pathetic to be honest.

its pathetic to be honest.

I was going to thank you for your insightful, intellectual contribution, even though it appears to have been made in complete ignorance of the way in which financial institutions and their parasites work. Then I realised that it is better not to feed trolls.

Well why not call the DCA's or the banks and explain to them that you are having difficulties paying rather than sitting on here boasting about how rude you are to staff who work at these places and which letters to send and how to avoid paying your debt. its pathetic to be honest.

Dont you think that people dont already try that??

Reality check time!!!!

when most people call a DCA or a bank they get pressured into paying such large inflated sums or making guarantees that they simply cannot make rather than the dca or bank acting reasonably

In any case, i would just like to point out to you something which clearly took off from Heathrow and flew right over your head

In the Court of Appeal, Sir Andrew Morritt delivered his judgment in Wilson & FCT, he stated that

“In effect, the creditor--by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms--must (in the light of the provisions in ss 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift,of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the moneys in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid;”

SO its not avoiding you debts if the Creditor fails to comply with the law, far from it, infact the bank or DCA is just being kind and giving away its money and that is not my opinion IT IS LAW!!!

SO its not avoiding you debts if the Creditor fails to comply with the law, far from it, infact the bank or DCA is just being kind and giving away its money and that is not my opinion IT IS LAW!!!

Well why take out the money if you have no intention of paying it back? that amounts to theft in my opinion.

No bank want an account to go to a DCA and it only goes there when the bank have exhausted all avenues open to them to collect on. Therefore if your account is with a DCA then you have already ignored or led the bank on for a while.

I have worked for both a DCA and a bank and i have also taken out finance. From a DCA/Bank point of view we want to get customers back on track but there is a small percentage of people who just have no intention of paying their debt back and we know this, we just accept it and act accordingly i.e legal action etc.

From a consumer point of view i have had difficult months where i've missed a few payments but have called my credit companys and sorted it out, i've never came on here and left comments having a go at DCA's for my own shortcomings. I think a lot of the people on here should have a good look in the mirror before they post their threads. And the next time you put the news on and see a headline about the "credit crunch" give yourself a pat on the back and say "great, i helped bring about that".

Not paying your debts is not theft as its not a criminal offence.

How can this be theft?

OK being in the same position as the OP in post 591 I wonder why he did not know this.

So youre now saying that it is lawful for a DCA to send a request for payment under a contract the DCA has no lawful right to collect is infact lawful? Is this so or are you just wasteing time and valuable bytes on cag?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

Josh iou how about you read my post before replying to it. I said taking out finance without any intention of paying it back AMOUNTS to theft in my, and the majority of honest peoples opinion, i did NOT say it was illegal. It is similar to going to a petrol station, filling your car up with petrol with no intention of paying, and driving off again. Unfortunately government legislation isn't tight enough on people like you.

Rather than trying to pick holes in my threads, why don't you give me a valid reason as to why you arent paying your debts, and i bet you have more default accounts than you do excuses.

Its not a criminal offence so how is it theft?

It amounts to theft. not in the eyes of the law but it does amount to theft. The fact your asking that question shows your mentality.

I typed in a dca name and this site came up a while ago. This site told me what vulnerable and frightened people caught by things that just happen in life experience at the hand of dca's is not supposed to be the norm within consumer law. When on your own you plead your case that you want to pay it back but at a rate you have a hope of eating on and they push for more. They ring at all hours untill you find from here there are rules of harassment.

In my opinion lenders are stupidly alienating the people they profess to help when things as I say happen by pushing the dcas down the mouths of stressed people thinking they are on their own. People trying to get by feel guilty enough but dont need their souls sucked from within like in a scene from the mummy.

Moral if dcas treat us like poop when doing our best to sort things out, we have to fight back and this site teaches us our rights by law. If certain trolls feel uncomfortable with us learning the law perhaps they should shuffle back and abide by it also and be more human and help as they so like to profess they do. A cynic might think from experiene on mass that they actually prefer talking like a pile of something brown and steaming, but they could always prove me wrong, wheres my cca?

Theft is a criminal offence.

This is not.

Is there any reason why you signed up to this forum other than to bother people? I wonder if thats why you worked for a DCA.

So Josh, you admit you take out credit with no intention of paying it back. Give yourself a big pat on the back, what a guy!!

Maybe now the other people on this site can see the type of people that DCA's have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Anyone who is genuinely having problems and a calls us we should always try and help, and i'm sorry if some don't. But we deal with people like Josh on a daily basis and we tend to tar everyone with the same brush.

Ive never once been given a loan.

And if you no how a loan works or how you qualify for a one youd understand why i havent been able to get a one.

So youre saying you harras disabled people on a daily baisis for debts that arent lawfuly enforceable is this right?