Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL I HAVE HAD PHONE CALL FROM ROBINSON-WAY EVERY DAY THIS WEEK EVERY

Hi

Fill in the required details, and send them this letter, by recorded delivery.

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE] (type don't sign)

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YW no need to thank me only pasing on info l got of this site.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

just tell them when they ring you dont discuss money matters over the phone.

Also always refuse to answer there questions they hate it.

Hahaha... Unreal, you really think they (the collectors on the other end of the phone) 'hate it'. As if. You're living in an imaginary world - I'm sure most collectors go home at the end of the day and have a life and forget about their day (and probably have a bit of a laugh when they get verbal from some lowlife), rather than go home and type religiously on forums day-in day-out such as you GodMother.

Don't mind me, I just thought I'd see how all you lovely people were getting along - I'm off again for a while, probably to spend some money. KEEP GOING DCAs... Apparently, if the Banks lose the charges court case, customers who don't get into debt might not be entitled to 'free banking' and will instead be charged for standard current accounts. Seeing as only 3% of customers' accounts fall into collections, it doesn't really seem fair that the majority of those who do pay and manage to gain employment and not spend their week's doll money on wide screen televisions and family outings to McDonalds, should be penalised for that 3%.

Ciao you lot

Seeing as only 3% of customers' accounts fall into collections, it doesn't really seem fair that the majority of those who do pay and manage to gain employment and not spend their week's doll money on wide screen televisions and family outings to McDonalds, should be penalised for that 3%.

Ciao you lot

And ciao right back to you EnglishBeauty. :D

Just had a quick glance at your other posts....Well I don't know, the caring professions eh? Junior doctors tend to be too busy/tired to troll forums ;)

Anyway don't mind me, I should be counting my doll money I expect ;):D

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Hahaha... Unreal, you really think they (the collectors on the other end of the phone) 'hate it'. As if. You're living in an imaginary world - I'm sure most collectors go home at the end of the day and have a life and forget about their day (and probably have a bit of a laugh when they get verbal from some lowlife), rather than go home and type religiously on forums day-in day-out such as you GodMother.

Don't mind me, I just thought I'd see how all you lovely people were getting along - I'm off again for a while, probably to spend some money. KEEP GOING DCAs... Apparently, if the Banks lose the charges court case, customers who don't get into debt might not be entitled to 'free banking' and will instead be charged for standard current accounts. Seeing as only 3% of customers' accounts fall into collections, it doesn't really seem fair that the majority of those who do pay and manage to gain employment and not spend their week's doll money on wide screen televisions and family outings to McDonalds, should be penalised for that 3%.

Ciao you lot

plz get with the plot dca saddow

Hahaha... Unreal, you really think they (the collectors on the other end of the phone) 'hate it'. As if.You obviously have not heard some of the abusive comments ppl get when they refuse to go threw the security questions then, I was called a awkard bitch, i politley reminded them that a bitch is a female dog and if i was a dog i would not be having a convo with them. Needless to say he did not understand what i had just said. You're living in an imaginary world Well that would be good in my imaginary world trolls are illegal and are made to do my housework. - I'm sure most collectors go home at the end of the day and have a life and forget about their day (and probably have a bit of a laugh when they get verbal from some lowlife)talking about yourself there i see, rather than go home and type religiously on forums day-in day-out such as you GodMother. Maybe you need to check your facts out B$ you post incorrect information. I dont post day in day out as you will notice if you bothered to look but i come and go from this website sometimes i dont come on for 2 or 3 days.

Don't mind me, I just thought I'd see how all you lovely people were getting along - I'm off again for a while, probably to spend some money. KEEP GOING DCAs... Apparently, if the Banks lose the charges court case, customers who don't get into debt might not be entitled to 'free banking' and will instead be charged for standard current accounts.Actually this is incorrect as they would be classed as unfair charges. Seeing as only 3% of customers' accounts fall into collections, it doesn't really seem fair that the majority of those who do pay and manage to gain employment and not spend their week's doll, English please we dont do troll money on wide screen televisions whats the point in having a wide screen tv when there is only crap and repeats on tv? and family outings to McDonalds, My son eats healthly he does not eat rubbish food every meal is homecooked for him by my OH or l should be penalised for that 3%.

Ciao you lot

Bye if you intend on comming back maybe u should invest in a dictionary and a thesaurus.

Oh and for your info l am unable to work for medical reason and not because l chose not to. All the voluntary work i do is from home and that is part of a scheme to get me back into work.

Before you post incorrect info maybe you should get your facts rite about ppl.

Dont bothercomming back as you may not be welcomed.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

cant we just get her banned as she obviously causes and offense and posts incorrect info.

Capital One starting phone calls again... Had one just now who persistently asked to speak to me.. are you X.. May I speak to X... I need to speak to X.. this went on for about 10 minutes. I tried to tell her to go through security and she thought it was a wind up. I am still awaiting reply from FOS about phone calls - they sent a letter a while back saying we will not call you for 28 days blah ... this woman went on and on.. very aggressive. 0800 5610415

She even said I'd given her the number to phone me. When I said the phone call was being recorded (not!) she went all stroppy and even more aggressive saying non stop I shouldn't be doing this blah. She didn't listen when I tried to say my letter had notified them of this in the past. Really regret breaking my mobile last week as that was the one with the blockig software on iT!!

So... how can I find out how many times they have tried ringing (despite block?) or tried landline (despite it being unplugged)... want to pass the 'logs' (I have none) to FOS.

Is the 0800 5610415 number anything special???

Hello All!

Just to drag this Thread back to the original Post by BankFodder, but can anyone advise me if they have taken a bank/banker to Court for Harassment?

Reason for asking, is that I do fully intend to.

These nice people have been Harassing me and my family now for the best part of 9 Months. Sadly, I have only been Logging their Calls since mid-January, but I have taken this very seriously since then.

I'm Self-Employed, so the division between Home and Work is a bit blurred shall we say. However, Home and Work numbers are all on the same System, so I have been able to set-up a reasonably good System for Logging and Monitoring the Calls.

I have not answered one, so far, not because I'm worried, but because I could not see the point for now. Nothing they have to say interests me.

However, I can see that I will need to take some Calls soon. This being part of the main Strategy to build a strong case against them. There are too many hidden Number Calls who do not leave a Message, so I will need to take some of these to establish who is Calling.

My efforts to try and fight back against the debt mountain that these people have, from hindsight, clearly Engineered via Penalty Charges, Credit Card Interest Rate Ramping leading to Loan Offers with PPI, of course, is currently at the CCA Request Stage in most cases, and most at the 12WD+30 Threshold soon. Almost none have Enforceable Agreements that I can see, which I never expected.

Volume of Harassment Calls has escalated, and is running at an average of around maybe 13-15 Calls a Day (so many more Weekdays, less at Weekends).

I have a Spreadsheet Log with all Calls suspected or Confirmed as being from a banker. Any Messages they leave are Recorded, and I have Screen Shots of things like my Mobile Phone Log as well, to show Missed Calls and Times, to link that to the Rotation of Calls Technique they are using to circle around our Numbers.

For the record, I don't think I ever gave them my Mobile Number, as I do/did protect that. Someone must've obtained that from a dubious link with Mobile Phone Records.

I am saving my Subject Access Requests on all, until I have them all at the CCA 12+30 Stage. All have been sent the Telephone Harassment Letter from Day One (as all have Called before I ever sent a CCA Request).

Soon I will S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them, so that the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) can look back at any Call Logs they provide so that I can cross-link those Records to my own Spreadsheet Data.

I am a little annoyed at them, as you may have guessed! However, my motto here is: "Don't Get Mad, Get Even"!

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated, as I feel I could be building a Model Harassment Case that I may be able to take all the way for others to follow.

I have an axe to grind here, as they were Calling me non-stop last year when I had three members of my family very ill. You can imagine how distressing it was having to filter out their Calls whilst waiting to receive Calls from Hospitals. Often when Driving to Hospital, when it is not easy to do this. The Mobile Phone HAD to be on just in case the Call was urgent.

Cheers,

BRW

Hi everybody

I'm not sure, yet, whether I am being harrassed by a DCA, but I have the feeling it may be the beginning.

Over the past seven days I have received two chillingly "friendly" telephone messages requesting me to contact a telephone number, without stating who has made the call.

As well as this, in the same period of time, I have also received two letters, informing me that my account is overdue for an assessment, with a jolly little cut-off piece for me to send them, by return, with an increased offer of payment. Of course I will return it eventually, with a decreased offer, don't they know times are tough !!

A positive point though, because of the sinister and threatening tone of the first telephone message, I checked the number out online, and within minutes I was here at the Forums. I love it when karma kicks in :D

I had that kind of problem with LLTSB. Not nearly as many as you did. one or two per day. I finally got fed up and out it in the hands of my lawyer ( have not had the bill yet:o) I was told that harrasment by phone is illegal but mail is not!!! Now i don't know if this is just Scottish law( I live in Scotland) or if it covers both countries. Any way it worked and I have not had any phone calls since.

Hello All!

Forgot to mention that there is a useful Web Site for checking out any strange Numbers that Call you, here is the URL:

WhoCallsMe

As with any Public Web Site, use it carefully. I don't know who runs it, so for all I know it could be the Front for a DCA trying to spot who checks numbers and when!

But it seems innocent enough, you just enter the Calling Line Identity (CLI), and if other's have been bothered by the same Number, you can read what other people have said. It's not Official, but can give you some idea of who is behind the Number that is Harassing you.

Keep your Identity Hidden, call yourself Santa Claus or something, and don't be too specific about what you say. But if you know it's from, say, the MBNA or CapOne etc, then telling people can help others to work out who is bothering them.

Hope this helps...I have no link whatsoever to the above Web Site.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarity...and I still can't Type!

I had that kind of problem with LLTSB. Not nearly as many as you did. one or two per day. I finally got fed up and out it in the hands of my lawyer ( have not had the bill yet:o) I was told that harrasment by phone is illegal but mail is not This Is wrong. It does depend on how many letter u recieve and over what period of time but yes harrasement by letter is illegal. !!! Now i don't know if this is just Scottish law( I live in Scotland) or if it covers both countries. Any way it worked and I have not had any phone calls since.

If u want to find out more about the harrasment by letter then i would suggest u look for a lady called reallymadwoman on here as she has had BOS harrasing her and won against them for letter harrasement.

cant remember the name of the thread now but l will add a link when l find it.

Am handling all of OH's Lloyds accounts (3) for him as he hasn't the faintest idea of how to cope with them (I do remember my marriage vows

"for richer, for poorer"):o. Sent the phone harrassment letter to Lloyds on 25 February and have JUST had a letter back saying "You are upset as to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls you have received" and that they have removed the numbers from their records and cam (sic) confirm that all future contacts will be by post. Well done Lloyds - at last we are talking the same language! Shoosh - how long did it take them to arrange that:rolleyes:

i will find the link and u can decide i am assuming that you dont have a seperate FOS in Scotland.

right i have found the thread i was looking for

Blair Oliver and Scott/Bank of Scotland ** Compensation awarded by FOS ** see what u think then but i think u wil find that the FOS awarded her compo based on recieving to many letters over a certasin amount of days.

I have a question to do with capital one.

I only stated two numbers on my application form my mobile number and a sipgate number which i used for all bank i am a customer of.

However, yesterday i got a call from capital one at my parents house. I did not give this number out or gave them any permission to try and find me through this number.

I would like to complain, but do i have any grounds to complain?

Get your parents to make a formal complaint in writing to CAPONE and tell them that they did not give CAPONE permission to use their PRIVATE telephone number. Tell them that the telephone number is not connected with you and no conversation will be entered into with CAPONE and no message from them accepted.

Hello All, Sunny, were you listed as being at your parents address when the debt was originally taken out, or at any time since? If so, the chances are all that has happened is that the DCA's have obtained the number from the phonebook (most DCA have access to an online BT version).

Just to let you know, I am low level management for a DCA, so needless to say my opinion is a little biased (as is all of yours from your past experiences).

Unfortunately, it is true some DCA company's do not work within the parameters of the law or relevant legislation when dealing with customers, which makes it difficult for those of us who do.

I did want to state that not all DCA's, or the agents employed by them, act the way described in some of the threads on this site. I've worked for 2 outsourced DCA's, and spent several years workin in house collections (mortgage and unsecured loans) for a major UK bank, and have to say at all times prided myself on the quality of training provided to the agents.

Unfortunately, debt recovery is a major business, and over the next couple of years it will get even more competitive what with the credit crunch at all. This has, and will, lead to some companies acting in ways which they shouldn't - it's inevitable, but that happens in every industry, every sector (sales etc..) - it is not unique to debt recovery.

Now I'm not offering this up as any type of excuse, far from it, but what I am saying is that it is important that if you are in debt, and are having difficulty, you should do you best to address it and deal with it in as adult a fashion as possible. By all means record the calls, request contact via post etc.., but don't use a bad experience with a poorly trained agent/DCA as an excuse to avoid paying genuine (and I stress genuine - disputed debt is a completely different ballgame) debt.

From experience I can state that yes, there are many genuine cases, I've heard and received proof of some terrible things that have happened to debtors, but unfortunately there are also a great number of people who simply borrow funds, apply for credit or default on debt not becasue they can't pay, but because they wont pay.

Our entire credit system is built on the assumption that what is loaned will be repaid (with relevant margins for write-offs etc..), and if a arrears portfolio is not managed effectively then that will lead to credit facilities being withdrawn, even from those who haven't missed a payment during the entire account history.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please don't judge everyone by the actions of the few - I've had a few run in's with the Police in my time but I wouln't contemplate referring to every PC as a 'Monkey'.

Also, talk to the DCAs, do it in writing where necessary, but come up with a realistic payment plan for the debt. Don't just offer £1.00 if you know you can pay more than that, or because you heard on this forum that they'll accept it. If it's genuine hardship, and nothing can be paid, then seek some financial advice - Bankruptcy and IVA may be an option.

I think sometimes it's difficult not to take things personally, certainly from some of the experiences some of you have had, and I've also seen agents take things personally too (If someone blew a whistle down the phone, I'd take it pretty personal). But the fact is, if you are receiving excessive calls, report it, it's probably the way the powerdialler is rigged (prob not an accident).

One more piece of advice, if you aren't happy with an agents conduct, ask to speak to a manager immediately - they will have someone supervising them (NPower once tried to tell me they 'didn't have managers'!). At the very least a callback can be arranged to you within the hour. If you still aren't happy report it to the OFT/FOS where applicable, and the actual creditor - remember they have a duty to ensure any outsource company used operates within all relevant regulatory requirements.

Apologies for the long mail, I have a lot I wanted to say, any questions and I'll be happy to answer