Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

This may have been mentioned earlier in this thread but just wanted to know exactly where I stand concerning all these harassing calls and SMS messages. Lloyds were hassling so much I informed them I was actually going to take action in court for harassment - calls calmed for a while but they've started coming thorugh again just on my mobile. DCA's have also started SMS messages even though original creditors had info off CCCS and my own reduced payment plans for each one (due to a company going into liquidation). I've tried to keep them all up to date with any change in my financial status and amended monthly payments (making increase where possible). One DCA mentioned last week about placing a charging order on my home even though I've been making payments with creditor (who passed on file to DCA without notifying me).

I'm know there's loads of us out there who just keeping going over things and think how far can they go? Can they really do that ? etc etc.

Surely if I've offered to pay (even though reduced payments and explained financial situation etc that goes in my favour and any court take note of that). I've genuinely offered the most I can with income and increased working hrs as much possible without working 24/7 ....but someone else mentioned to me that I could offer as little as £1 per month - this wouldn't obvioulsy help decrease the debt figure substanially but would they have to accept that if it went to court? Can all creditors/DCA place charging orders on my private property? Would I know about it before hand or would it just be listed with Land Reg without knowing about it until point of sale?

So many questions so little time!

Thanks in advance all :confused:

Ronnie.

Hi,

This may have been mentioned earlier in this thread but just wanted to know exactly where I stand concerning all these harassing calls and SMS messages. Lloyds were hassling so much I informed them I was actually going to take action in court for harassment - calls calmed for a while but they've started coming thorugh again just on my mobile. DCA's have also started SMS messages even though original creditors had info off CCCS and my own reduced payment plans for each one (due to a company going into liquidation). I've tried to keep them all up to date with any change in my financial status and amended monthly payments (making increase where possible). One DCA mentioned last week about placing a charging order on my home even though I've been making payments with creditor (who passed on file to DCA without notifying me).

I'm know there's loads of us out there who just keeping going over things and think how far can they go? Can they really do that ? etc etc.

Surely if I've offered to pay (even though reduced payments and explained financial situation etc that goes in my favour and any court take note of that). I've genuinely offered the most I can with income and increased working hrs as much possible without working 24/7 ....but someone else mentioned to me that I could offer as little as £1 per month - this wouldn't obvioulsy help decrease the debt figure substanially but would they have to accept that if it went to court? Can all creditors/DCA place charging orders on my private property? Would I know about it before hand or would it just be listed with Land Reg without knowing about it until point of sale?

So many questions so little time!

Thanks in advance all :confused:

Ronnie.

Is the DCA in question 1st Credit? If so, they tried the same **** on me. I don't believe they can get a charging order as my original debt was unsecured. And I also believe the debt is statute barred in any case as this is more than 6 yrs old. If anyone's able to confirm this, I'd be grateful...Got some help which was great, but unable to get confirmation about the charging order.

TIA :)

Thanks for that. Some are credit cards (personal ones) that I used to help purchase things for business/fuel for business vehicle etc. Others relate to business loan that had a personal guarantee (challenging enforcement of the guarantee at present). Oh and a personal loan I took out with 2 banks (again both mainly use for business in its first 12mths). Thanks for bringing up point of being unsecured debt - sometimes you can't see wood for the trees !!

:)

I think I'm going to have to get a recording machine.... I have entered into agreements with all my DCAs to repay at a certain amount per month, but yesterday I got a call just after 8am from Bee Cee DoubleU wanting to talk to me about my account. Now, the person woke me up (I only came out of hospital after surgery Friday night), and I wasn't quite on the ball, but I did refuse to answer security questions, saying if she had called me she obviously knew who I was. I also said I would only discuss this in writing but that I was making monthly payments. She then went on to say this wasn't happening and they hadn't received my money (although remember she hadn't ascertained it was actually me speaking) and that very well, they would write to me but there would be "further action taken in that case", in a very "so there" kind of way. Before saying "thank you Mrs medsec" and hanging up on me. Do you think I rattled her? And why is she calling me anyway when they took a payment on my debit card on 1st of the month???

are what a brilliant idea. I no several words in forigen and morse code..... 3 dit 2 dit 4 dit dah.........guess please, it is rude ish. :)

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My favourite windup now is to give people security answers in Japanese, completely confuses them, especially the Indian based call centres....

I have mangaged to make up 2 soundbites, one is Arnie "i'll be back" and the other one is from the "Silence of the lambs" you know the one, when Hannibal is speaking to Clarrisa Starling (Jodie Foster) doing all that licking & salivating etc. I play that one a lot... goes down a "storm" with the caller, I think they crap their pants before freaking out & hanging up......:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

OOh she called me back. I refused the security answers and said I'd asked her to write to me. She said she now had to escalate it because I was refusing to pay and she would send someone to my door "today". I got out my file, and checked my a/c and it would appear I "agreed" to pay 20 quid per month but I only sent 10.... Plus it costs me £2 PER TRANSACTION on my card to them. That's 20% on £10. Isn't that a bit extortionate? I think i'll start my own thread on that point....

Lowell are Harassing me. I'm getting calls at 11 at night saying "This is an automated mesage from and then it gives their number in Leeds. When they call and there's an actual person on the line, I refuse to answer the security questions and tell them to write to me.

Did I mention the calls that I couldn't hang up? You know how it is if someone makes an accidental call on a mobile, and you can't hang up your end? I'd press the button to cut off the call and they'd still be there. I felt that my home was being invaded.

I've been having calls to my mobile from

08708503492 who I think is halifax/IF

08453007021 which from this forum I guess is barclaycard

02392584004 which googles to be "Fone Trader" in hampshire - not sure why they'd be calling. Maybe it was something important but due to banks calling I've not been answering unknown numbers.

Not had any that late at night, but have had some call before 9am.. even on sunday!

They call on my mobile, so I just set them all to be under 1 contact with a silent ringtone.

If I see it vibrating I press the 'answer' button so I don't have to clear the missed call notification.... and sometimes I'll hit the speaker button to hear them going 'heelllloooo', on the occaisions that they do answer.

Am I right in thinking they aren't allowed to withold their numbers any more - so if I get one then it's either safe to answer, or fraud?

Hello,

I have been receiving calls for about 3 months now from a company called HFO. They claim my brother, who doesn't live at this address any more, has a mobile phone bill from 3-4 years ago. They have taken to calling at least twice a day. I do know they have breached the Data Protection Act by discussing his case with my Mum and me. They even asked me to pay the bill otherwise he would be taken to court. This is something they have been saying since July. I have asked them not to ring here and they said that unless I gave my brother's contact number, they would continue to call us on the home number. My mother is 75 and these calls are really getting her down. We've been with TPS for 6 years now, but that's mainly for sales stuff. We've also registered with Silent Call Guard (svce starts tomorrow night). Information Commissioners Office have said to write to said company (I've managed to get a number + address from them) stating what breaches they have made. I've also asked BT for a 28-day free "choose to refuse" (barring certain numbers, including withheld but NOT international). The thing is, with the latter, the call centre is in India but the contact number is a UK one with an address in Croydon.

Can anyone advise/help on how we can stop these people from ringing us? Oh, we have tried - since yesterday - answering the phone, putting it down and letting them listen to nothing/the vaccuum cleaner/etc.

Thanks

Just to make it clear - A company called asking for hubby - he was not home. They would not tell me who they were or what company and cited Data Protection Act. I then said again well if you can't tell me then I won't pass on the message. He replied, its our company policy not to give out details. So I said so its your company policy and not DPA then, he just seemed stumped and I said if you cant tell me who you are and where you are from if I answer the phone then I wont pass you on when he is home. Was I right or not??????????????????

Completely right Kimmie, I used to do the same with BOS for my OH, sometimes they would ring up and say seductively "Can I speak to P please" when I asked who they were they wouldn't tell me so I would say "Well, you can't speak to him then can you?" and put the phone down, if they keep phoning do the Harassment letter.

Just to make it clear - A company called asking for hubby - he was not home. They would not tell me who they were or what company and cited Data Protection Act. I then said again well if you can't tell me then I won't pass on the message. He replied, its our company policy not to give out details. So I said so its your company policy and not Data Protection Act then, he just seemed stumped and I said if you cant tell me who you are and where you are from if I answer the phone then I wont pass you on when he is home. Was I right or not??????????????????
They usually say it XYZ Bank about a personal business matter. Still you did the right thing. Assuming your hubbie answered the phone and they asked for him and he first of all asked who was calling then I wonder what they would have said:rolleyes:

Just to highlight my thread about harassment. I have applied to the courts against the Funding Corporation for harassment via the telephone, letters, multiple termination and default notices, harassment via multiple charges reaching £600, and recieving threatening text messages by their debt collector. All for an alleged £112. They have submitted a counterclaim against me in regards to one of their termination notices for £4000. I have a few days left to submit my defence to their counterclaim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/113419-funding-corporation.html