Help needed with claims info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Some friends and I just got some of our student fees refunded, which got me thinking...I've got to do a dissertation for my degree, and I'm exploring the bank claims area, looking at the impact of ambluance chasers on the market, and if they have made any difference to the bank's responses, or whether it's people going via sites like this one that have made the most impact.What I really need to know is where the info is out there, and the people to talk to. I've started calling the claims companies, but they're not to keen to share their secrets. I've also tried companies house and can only get limited info from there.I'll need to write up an overview of the market, volumes and amounts of claims, how many people go DIY, how many via the claims companies, how big/small the companies are, are they all legal firms etc.Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated!Dave

Guest strangewayofsavin

Hi Dave, the resources for reclaiming have come from the effort and determination of the founders of the consumer websites, the founders of this and others sites have worked endlessly perfecting claims, and empowering Joe public to stand up and fight for their rights. Unfortunately some of the so called firms that reclaim charges for people are just another bunch of optamists, that through advertising, have emulated sites like this ones processes, I helped a friend of mine reclaim some bank charges as he never had a P.C, after getting his charges back, he bought a P.C, he was a beginner and had a few problems using it, He was approached via an email by a company to reclaim his charges for him (on another bank account), he could not contact me, so he went with this company, they forwarded to him, the letters that they had posted for him, They were Identical to the template letters on this site, apert from they had the companies name on. So it would seem some of these companies are just another bunch of cowboys taking advantage, by charging people up to 30% of their payout, for a service which is free on the consumer sites on the web.

strangewayofsaving, if you have no objections, could you email me a copy of the letters and/or company name?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest strangewayofsavin

Dave, I will phone my friend to see if he still has them, as they settled the claim earlier this year (approx Feb), if he has them I will send them to you.

Guest strangewayofsavin

Dave, I have phoned my friend, and he believes he still has the letters, I also have their web address, how can I forward this info to you as I cannot PM you.