United Utilities - incompetence knows no boundries!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of a strange one this -

Gets a letter from the infamous '1st Credit' requesting 400 odd quids for an unpaid water bill - usual threats - We will break in and take your kids / You're in court now me lad / You'll never have water again etc etc

Bugger, I thought I'd got all these DCA behind me, but something was amiss - My address was spelt incorrectly, they'd used a 'Y' instead of an 'I' and the only person who does that is ex-mrs blanche.

First call to UU went quite well, they explained that the outstanding figure is for April 06 to March 07 at my former and ex-mrs blanchie's current address, great - I explained that I have not lived there for 4 years, and can prove it. I also suggested that my ex has used my name for water supply and now the DCA's have come knocking she's given the old 'No Mr blanchie lives here - he lives at blah de blah' - hence the mis-spelt DCA letter. UU advise that I should supply them with proof of where I live and did do at the time the debt was run up.

No probs - I sent them 6 headers from my CC statements that showed my name / address and date going back three years. End of matter or so I thought -

Letter today from '1st credit' - "Mr Big is on his way" etc etc so rings UU again to find out what they have done.

"We haven't got the statements you sent us"

Oh really, well they were recorded delivery would you like the date and time you signed for them?

"I need to speak to my manager"

Fine

tum de tum de tum

"We have found the statements but there are not good enough - We need bank statements"

Well the CC company uses the same ID checks as a bank does so you are talking rubbish, if you really wanted to know where I live and for how long, why not check the electoral role?

"we can't do any more till you send bank statements"

Ok then, I'llsee you in court

"what do you mean?"

Well I have neither a verbal or written agreement with you for any type of service / credit / supply so therefore you have no permission to process my data. A DCA is harrassing me for an alleged sum and you are ultimatly responsible for their actions, I intend to sue for damages and stress caused by your un-permissed processing of my data, passing said data to a third party and your agents threatening behavior.

"Oh dear"

Bye then. :D

I don't even have the water at my home in my name let alone at another address! They don't seem too bothered about the fraud thats been committed, they just want the money! I going to see what the postie brings over the next week or so then i'm going to consider court action.

Any thoughts anybody?

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays

Beaten!

Update -

Call from '1st credit'

"I need to ask secruity questions etc etc"

I'm not giving my details over the phone

"I can't continue this conversation then"

Okay - bye...

What was the point in that? fools!

I've slept on this and now decided on the following:

Telephone harassment letter to 1st credit

Relent and supply bank statements for the periods concerned but with a demand of an appology, return of documents I sent them, and an assurance that my details are removed from their and 1st credits database's.

I'll post letter in this thread when I've come up with something.

:(

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays