Just got my 'statements' from Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered already, but I'm pretty new to all this. After approximately 80 days of sendin the first letter, I received my data from Barclays Bank. It had a cover letter stating:

" You'll notice that the copy is not an exact duplicate of your original statement. This is because we produce copies of bank statements in a slightly different way.

The copy may include details from past staements that have been sent to you. Where this happens we've inserted a dotted line. Above the dotted line you'll see the statement number and the date it was issued to you. The particular statement you requested will appear between two of these lines."

1) Can they do this? If not, how do I go about getting my full information?

2)I'm also finding it very difficult to recognise the charges on the sheets they sent. Can anyone help me here - what should I be looking for?

Any help from any Barclays experts would be greatly appreciated,

hk

Hello and Welcome, hasankhair.

You will get more help if you start a thread in Barclays Forum, people dealing with them will know what the score is. Also have a look at the 'similar' threads below this post, might help a bit.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hashankhair,

The bank has 40 days in which to comply with your request. When your data arrives, if you consider that it is incomplete then complain immediately to the bank and tell them that the 40 days is still running.

If the bank fails to supply you with your complete data then you should complain to the bank. Give them 7 days to comply and tell them that you will begin a complaint to the Information Commissioner and also that you will begin a County Court action under the Data Protection Act.If the bank does not respond to your 7 day warning then begin your complaint and start your action. File a claim using the N1 form with the courts for non-compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under data protection act, using the templates in the library. It cost thirty pounds, claim for costs and damages at the discretion of the court, and you will soon get your statements and court fee back. This may be your best option now,because Barclays are notorious for there non- compliance with Subject access requests. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.