Pipex taken over 500 pounds - advice??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened my statement yesterday and was shocked to read that Pipex who I have never done any business with had taken over 500.00 from my credit card. :mad: I would also remember had I spent that much money.

I rang the credit people and they are going to send a form to dispute the charge. Fortunately the sum doesn't take me over my credit limit but does bring me close and has increased my minimum payment. I have no idea where the money went and googled who Pipex are some ISP and web hosting company.

I'm now keeping a close eye on my credit card even keep calling to check no more money is taken and really annoyed.

Do you have any advice as I'm really ticked off and not thinking straight......

It sounds like this could be a fraudulent transaction and I am shocked that your credit card provider hasn't done more. I would contact them again and advise them you haven't authorised the transaction and therefore consider it fraudulent and expect them to treat it as such. Also you need to get them to cancel your card.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Pipex is just a standard, run-of-the-mill ISP (we're with them) and I'm having a hard time working out exactly why they'd need to take £500 from someone's account in the first place. Our package is pricey at £25pcm - perhaps they've got you mixed up with one of their business clients? The credit card provider is jointly liable AFAIK - please, someone correct me if I'm wrong - and they should have credited you with the money as soon as the word 'Fraud' was mentioned IMO.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I thought they could suspend the £500 so that it appears on your statement but doesn't have interest added or effect your min pay, or at least thats what happened to a friend of mine when an unauthorised payment was taken. I have had calls from some of my cards when any large payment is pending as this sort of amount would be well outside my normal spending pattern so I am suprised your card didn't flag this up. I would be straight back on to them.

Good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment