Abbey Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Abbey have paid £380 into my account with no explanation until 5 days later saying 'goodwill gesture'. they state that there charges are fair and that the info given to the Commos Treasury Committee only aply to credit card default charges not banks - this is the first time I've heard of this has anyone else? Also help needed. Should I now go to the Financial Ombudsman or should I now take it to the small claims court ? Opinions please, how have you got on either way. In a good note they did send me my 6 years statements within the specified time albeit 1 statement per envelope!!

Hi, Cici 1.

Go to the Bank Templates Library.....Rejecting Offers. Send them one, then continue with your claim. Start your own thread in the Abbey Forum and keep it updated, People dealing with them will keep you straight. Also have a look at the Abbey sub-forum Successes, that should give you more confidence.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just read terms and conditions from Abbey on their current accounts, in it they say.

Under section 5. Interest and Charges. sub section 5.4. e) To reflect any regulatory or guidance, or any change in the law or a decision or a recommendation by the court or an Ombudsman.

I am interested in the Ombudsman part as on the 'Money program BBC2 12th December 2006 @ 10pm the members of the public were informed that. And I quote as I have a tape of the program and also full transcript. That...."The Ombudsman staff were happy for customers to accept Banks offers, but no longer, last month the Ombudsman told the banks to prove their penalties were legal or pay their customers claim in full."

And from Walter Merrick's (Chief Financial Ombudsman)said that....

"What I said to the Banks is I do Need them to help me resolve these complaints by either offering 100% of the charges that people are claiming, or if they are not prepared to do that and they want to argue the point then I have to start down the road of investigating myself."

You maybe able to quote this fact to your Bank but please take some advice or if their is any body out their who may wish to correct me then please do so. But do not give up and get as much information as you can from any form of transcripts, video or audio tapes. And although a long drawn out process could prove invaluable when backing up your claim. And remember most of all you have some great support out here. I have already been successful against Abbey, and presently trying to reclaim from our other account, and if it was not for these good people would never have got this far.

Good luck from 'The Grim Reaper'