Insurance Claim - Phones for you

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for a bit of advice...

I had my phone stolen on Saturday evening at a music festival. I was sitting down on the grass & it was there on minute & when I turned round it had gone.

Now I cancelled the contract with Vodafone Saturday night, I phoned up the police & got a crime reference number on Sunday morning

Now I am getting worried (I worry a lot lol) that somehow the insurance company (Premier Plan) are gonna try & squirm out of paying up for a new phone??

Anybody got ANY tips about making a claim with the bastards???

Thanks!!

You cancelled the contract? Why? If the phone was replaced you still need the contract to activate the replacement. Or if you just had the phone blocked/barred - that'll be OK.

The insurers can reject a claim if you've been found to be reckless, and if you left it unsupervised on grass and the next minute it was gone, than they could state it was your carelessness that caused the loss, so try to minimise this. It may have fallen out your pocket when you sat down, and when you moved on you didn't notice it was gone.... that would be an accident...!

Sorry I didn't mean I cacelled the contract, I meant I cancelled the phone :rolleyes:

So if I say the phone fell out my pocket when I sat down you think they'll definitely replace it?