• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Morgan054 v Halifax - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone, First, I shall say what a fantastic forum this is as, asides from the obvious, it is interesting and informative and often funny, (no offence intended).

I sent off my DPA as per library template on 30/5/06 by registered post (£4.10, was going to pay by cheque but it would cost me a further £39 for bouncing it), and was surprised that it was received and signed for

at 8.45an on 31/5/06, is that a record for Royal Mail? Now awaiting my statements or response will update accordingly.

Currently 19p over my £500 overdraft limit because of their charges to which they are going to charge me again £30.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello new person *waves*

Just for future reference, unless you are sending cash*, recorded delivery is more than acceptable - they still have to sign for it and you get the same tracker service. Difference is; it's £1.00 including the 1st class stamp.

Quite impressive turn of speed for the Royal Mail.

Good luck with the response!

*ninja edit - thanks barracad.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Just for future reference, recorded delivery is more than acceptable

Unfortunately not - you cannot send cash using Recorded Delivery, you have to use Special Delivery.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi again, Just an update so far, received reply today, usual blurb it seems signed by a Mr Boothroyd, Data protection consultant.

Dear Mr********

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on the above account.

I confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent to you under seperate cover at the latest by 7th July 2006.

With regard to your request for information regarding manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore I am unable to assist further with your request.

Blah blah blah and the now famous Personal Customer complaints leaflet.

Thats were all the money is going, to pay for these leaflets.

Opened another bank account just in case it gets messy.:-D

By my reckoning 10th July is my 40 day deadline so we'll wait and see.

After sending my DPA we started having 4,5,6 calls a day from Halifax so the wife read them the statement about taping calls, Administration of justice Act 1970 etc, and when she asked if they were clear on this matter the woman from the Halifax said " Well we will still ring", My wife was bouncing, but no calls since.:-)

DPA sent registerd post 31/5/06

DPA acknowledged 16/6/06

Hi again, Just an update so far, received reply today, usual blurb it seems signed by a Mr Boothroyd, Data protection consultant.

Dear Mr********

Thank you for your letter requesting specific information on the above account.

I confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent to you under seperate cover at the latest by 7th July 2006.

With regard to your request for information regarding manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore I am unable to assist further with your request.

Blah blah blah and the now famous Personal Customer complaints leaflet.

Thats were all the money is going, to pay for these leaflets.

Opened another bank account just in case it gets messy.:-D

By my reckoning 10th July is my 40 day deadline so we'll wait and see.

After sending my DPA we started having 4,5,6 calls a day from Halifax so the wife read them the statement about taping calls, Administration of justice Act 1970 etc, and when she asked if they were clear on this matter the woman from the Halifax said " Well we will still ring", My wife was bouncing, but no calls since.:-)

DPA sent registerd post 31/5/06

DPA acknowledged 16/6/06

I would write to them and ask for all comunications to be dealt with by letter in the future otherwise they will try and browbeat you into accepting a lower settlement

Best of luck with your claim

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Morgan.

Good luck with your claim,looking forward to the next instalment.;-)

All the best.:)

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

• 4 weeks later...

Well hello again, been a bit hectic with work lately and waiting the deadline for Data Protection Act which was 10/7/06 so hav'nt had much to report, however as the deadline has passed and I have not received any further correspondence from the bank I thought I would check what my next option is.

After reading the thread about the Information Commissioner being inundated and not very effective, I have decided the only way is the tough way, and so have prepared a copy of the template No3 to send.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

[deleted]

My problem is how, if the bank does not comply after this letter, do I seek this Court Order, is there a thread that someone can kindly direct me to and has anyone had to resort to a court order to obtain satisfaction or have they fullfilled their obligation before the 7 days, any help would be appreciated before I send letter.

[MODERATED: Letter templates are available from the templates library for registered users only]

Yes, you start court action.

As this is still relatively new, there will not be many cases to read about yet, but banks have certainly got themselves moving once claims are started.

I would still be surprised if they didn't fully respond within 7 days though.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well I posted my letter at 12 noon yesterday Special Delivery, and its already been signed for at Halifax HQ, worth the £4.10 just to see Royal mail do its job properly, and reduce the banks timewasting, so its 7 days or court, await the next instalment :confused:

Its been 4 days since receipt of letter threatning court action against them for DPA default, and still no response, sweating abit now, and not just this heat???, can't seem to find a post relating to actual court action, has anybody been that far? I notice that there have been a few recent positive outcomes so am I just unlucky (as usual)

Let's just wait for the deadline to expire, and we can proceed from that point.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Let's just wait for the deadline to expire, and we can proceed from that point.

Well today was the date and no post, so should I give them an "extra" day and file court on Monday or just do it tomorrow, I'm just annoyed that they seem to be happy to flout the law and play with peoples nerves. How do i file for the courts ? is there a special form I need from the courts for this.

Apologies if it sounds if I am thick but a heavy workload at present and could do without the extra stress, but I am determined to see this through even if it means going to court, any help and/or advice I would really be grateful for.

File as soon as possible, tomorrow if you can. You have to do this in person at your local county court.

Have a read of the thread Data Protection Act Non-Compliance - Particulars of claim in the Templates Library

Hi, Thanks for replies, I have just filled in N1 form and will be taking it to court Tuesday as its the first chance i have got, i have put a value of £10, i think thats fair as its cost me £8.20 for registered post twice plus stationery what do you think?

I'm just 7 days behind. Sent copy of LBA for DPA to Rachel Hinchliffe who I am advised by another forum member is the right person to contact.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

...i have put a value of £10, i think thats fair .... what do you think?

Perfect.

Well I've submitted court papers yesterday, stuck with the £10 value, but when i first spoke to a very nice girl she didnt really know how to proceed so she asked someone else was this a "specified or unspecified" and the reply was specified so it was £30, I gave them the 3 copies i had and told me i would receive one with details of case no etc in a couple of days, so now we wait again.

Latest report of my long saga is, guess what? still waiting, after the court told me a few days, been waiting for post. still waiting so phoned county court today and told it was served to Halifax on 28/7/06 and issued with case number so again got to wait, don't quite know what to expect now.

Filled in an online complaint to I.C about Halifax's total disregard and contempt for the legal process in a strongly worded letter and stated I expected an urgent look at their stalling tactics, so let you know the next stage as and when.

Received NI from the courts today, feels wierd me suing the bank, it states

"Your claim was issued on 25th July 06 The court sent it to the defendant by First class post on 27th July 06 and it will be deemed to be served on 31st July 06. The defendant has until 14th August to reply."

YESSS i feel so much better after going to court.

Hopefully the Court action has enspired them to put the stuff in the post and send you your £10.

I can't afford the £30 this week (off on hols next week) so must wait until I get back. Hopefully by then you will be a shining example of how to claim Data Protection Act at Court. I have also completed a Information Commissioner complaint (easy online) not sure it will do much good but it is an added extra. Sure if they get enough they might just take a long look at Halcrap.

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

Best of luck with yours and have a nice holiday, i can't afford one cos all my money went in charges:lol:

Help???? just had post today and Halifax have acknowledged court summons with intent to defend claim in full, am i missing something here, as its supposed to be primarily to get them to give me my statements what is there to defend, surely not for £40 costs.

Can't see as anyone has had to go this far but others may have read a thread similar but after scouring about i cant find one.

I have reread all my correspondence to and from the Halifax and it seems to be in order, the timescales have been adhered to, if not generous towards the Halifax so i'm baffled, or thick.....Having sent me a reply(posted earlier) they have then gone over the required time without explanation so surely they are liable.

Told you guys i dont have much luck

A note saying they intend to defend is one thing. Doing is very different. They are just buying time I am sure. They probably won't even pay fee.

Hi all,

Latest, just received reply by email from ICO below, still no statements from Halifax but court date is ages away, any bets on if i'll get them before.

11th August 2006

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your correspondence dated 31/07/06.

The matters you have raised will be assigned to one of our casework teams and allocated to a case officer who will respond accordingly in line with our current service standards.

Should you wish to contact us about this matter please quote your case reference number:

RFA0128***

Failure to do so may delay the processing of your request.

For further information please contact our Helpline on 01625 545745.

Yours sincerely

Sent on behalf of

Mr Paul Arnold

Senior Customer Service Manager