style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a bailiff just turn up on your door step without first letting you know that they are coming, for instance, if a warrant is addressed at another address and then they find out that you have moved, do they have to then go back and change their details and send out another letter to the right address or can they just turn up unannounced and demand payment,.

Guest strangewayofsavin

Yes, see the link about Bailiffs in the Bailiffs took my car.... thead by Friendgeorge post.

Yes, see the link about Bailiffs in the Bailiffs took my car.... thead by Friendgeorge post.

so what you are saying is that they can just turn up without any knowledge to the debtor, not check that a mistake may have been made not show that there is a warrant, force there way in to sieze goods etc, dont show any paper work, have no walking possession order signed by the debtor, and just seize what they feel fit

so what you are saying is that they can just turn up without any knowledge to the debtor, not check that a mistake may have been made not show that there is a warrant, force there way in to sieze goods etc, dont show any paper work, have no walking possession order signed by the debtor, and just seize what they feel fit

Bailiffs cannot force entry to your property; that is different to turning up at your door. It will depend what debt it's for as in theory magistrates' court bailiffs CAN force entry but they do have to give written notification of the time & date of visit to give you an opportunity to be there. They are only supposed to use powers of forced entry as a last resort & where it's reasonable to do so.

County court bailiffs and those collecting for council tax debt cannot force entry unless they have already gained peaceful entry into your property ie you have let them in or they have come in through an open or unlocked door or window. Standard advice is do not let them in, doors & windows shut & locked.

If you could post more info about the debt we can give more specific advice for you.

Bailiff assaulted me

Im just trying to get some more info on this as I couldnt find it any where whether you had to be informed that bailiff where going to call especially if the bailiffs knew you had moved, Im sure I read it some where that the bailiff has to inform the creditor of any changes to the warrant, ie changes of address, that they had found out, in my case the council knew where I was but gave the courts and bailiffs the wrong address.. I was left completely in the dark, as you will see if you have read my previous thread

Guest strangewayofsavin

No thats not what I said, I said follow the link on the other thread, and you will find out exactly what a Bailiff can and cannot do.

Guest strangewayofsavin

Sorry I just read my reply to your first thread, no they cannot. the yes was for the last bit about going back to the court to change the details.