xpuser Vs MBNA

xpuser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent of my SAR on the 8th June 07. Its been 10 days and I have not heard anything from MBNA. Is there anybody I can ring at MBNA, or do I just have to sit and wait for the 40 days to be up?

Just want to talk to somebody, to ensure that they have got my letter and are in the process of compiling my information.

IF Current A/C won

MBNA A/C 1 Settled in full

MBNA A/C 2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Settled in full

Lloyds TSB CC - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

Citicard S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

Yes it was recorded delivery. So I guess its a matter of waiting.

IF Current A/C won

XPUser - You could ring them if you want but i suspect that you would only get a few comments about them looking into it. I myself am using the time constructively to read and reread the various threads.

Could luck with your efforts - we will probably be very similar in our cases so I will keep a look out for your updates.

Good luck with MBNA. I didn't hear a peep out of them until about 45/50 days and only after I had sent a letter warning them I was going to take them to court for non-compliance of a DP Request.

Stick with it though and don't get too disheartened at how slow it will probably be. THey are probably the worst amongst the lot (along with B'card) and will try every stalling tactic possible, including asking for ID to prove your identity etc.

Lots of people have been where you are (me included) and you will get there eventually :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys, much appreciated.

Will keep an eye out for your thread Paddywack41

IF Current A/C won

• 1 month later...

Finally got the statements from them!!

OK have read this thread and there seems to be several address floating around for MBNA.

Which address do I use for the prelim letter?

Thanks

IF Current A/C won

Thanks for that.

Have sent of my prelim letter...They have already credited me £180 odd, even though I did refuse the payment as a full and final settlement.

I did say in my prelim letter, thanks for the prompt partial payment, but you still owe me the other £400 odd.

I am not sure how they come up with the £180 inital payment, which they made when they sent my statments out. Anybody else have an offer with the statments?

IF Current A/C won

Just a quick question. I am claiming contractual interest. If the claim does not get to court, can I still insist on the contractual interest part, or can I only claim contractual interest once I file a claim with the courts?

I know the 8% can only be claimed once a claim is filed. Just want to know if this applies to contractual interest as well.

IF Current A/C won

• 3 weeks later...

I have sent of my LBA, as I have no response from MBNA.

THey have 2 weeks, before I have to file a claim.

IF Current A/C won

good luck with your claim...hope it all goes well.

IF Current A/C won

Some more progress...

Having sent of my LBA, I have received another offer from MBNA. They are now offering me the full amount in charges, but not the interest I have asked for.

I will be drafting them a letter thanking them for their offer, but will insist they pay the interest as well. I think I will not be claiming the CI, and instead will be claiming the 16.9% they have been charging me. The difference between claiming CI and "normal interest" @ 16.9% is about £30. Since I have read in several places that the CI argument is not valid or is harder to argue in court, I think I will stick with the 16.9%. After all the difference is only around the £30 mark. Dont think the CI hassle is worth the £30.

On a seperate note... MBNA have raised the interest rate on my CC account to 29.9%..this funnily enough roughly coincided with my SAR. Has anybody else had their interest hiked up to this ridicules amount?

IF Current A/C won

Thanks for the quick reply. I am actually claiming demonstrable interest (DI) at 16.9%. From what you are saying ontop of this I can add CI at the bank borrowing rate.

Hmm sounds like a good idea. I think I have progressed too far with this claim, maybe with other claims I will take this approach.

Thanks for the advice..

IF Current A/C won

Some more progress...

MBNA have raised the interest rate on my CC account to 29.9%..this funnily enough roughly coincided with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). Has anybody else had their interest hiked up to this ridicules amount?

I wish I could remember who, but someone recently posted on this forum saying that their rate had gone up, a figure of over 30% I am sure....

I wish I had spare cash to invest in a credit card! presumably they would also pay interest if the account was in credit!

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Luckily the balance on the account is under a £100. So will be clearing that off pretty sharpish. Will remember not to use their card again.

IF Current A/C won

• 4 weeks later...

Some good news, MBNA have finally settled in full. They deposited money into my account without any prior warning :)

So I now have a credit balance on my account. Do you think they will give the 29.9% interest rate they charge me? :roll:

Now I will continue with my second account, hopefully things will go as smoothly.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Anybody know how I get this thread moved to the "won" thread?

IF Current A/C won

yep, claimed the interest as well.

I did not claim contractual interest at 29.9%, however I did claim interest at 17.9% compounded. The contractual interest argument although I did understand it, and could explain to my mate, dont think I could be confident enough to explain it to a judge. Also the difference from the contractual interest and the demonstratable interest I claimed was around the £30 mark. Hence I thought its not worth the hassle of trying for contractual interest.

The second offer they made was for all the charges, I refused this and said I wanted the interest as well. I have not heard from them in writing (maybe the postal strike has something to do with this), but checking my account this morning, they had paid the interest element in.

IF Current A/C won