plaese help re. abbey

morganalfie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I hope anyone can give me advice.

I lost my husband 18 mths ago. The mortgage, house, where in his name. I obtained probate. It is with the abbey. I have since got into mortgage arrears.

I contacted the financial ombusman back in feb to reclaim bank charges with the abbey. I was offered £150.00 which i refused. The abbey wrote to me, to say that the would look into it again. That was the beginning of April. Since then I have heard nothin. I sent them a letter. 4 weeks ago with copies of statements showing charges dating back 6 years. requesting nearly £4000. this account was a joint account. obviously it isnt anymore.

I have spoke to the abbey, this morning who have told me. I have been declined, with no gesture of goodwill. Is that it. do you think my other circumstances are anything to do with this. Can anyone please help me. I dont know what to do next.

I was banking on this to pay mortgage arrears off. Also I have still not transferred the mortgage into my name. As i can not afford solicitors fees, and the mortgage transfer fees that go with this. Im a single mum please can anyone advise what to do next.

Thank you.

morganalfie

If you sent Abbey a letter 4 weeks ago to request refund, did you use the preliminary letter template in the library?

I assume you didn't. Abbey knows when you approach them incorrectly. I will suggest that you use the letters in the library - follow links below. You can get your money back but make sure you approach things with calm and precision, don't be in a rush, avoid mistakes in your letters.

Letter templates:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Calculate the charges on spreadsheet correctly:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Step by step guide to claiming your money back:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html?highlight=library

Hi Morganalfie, Sorry to hear about your loss. First, just a word of advice, please avoid tel conversations with abbey as they are not admissisable in court, try keep all conversations in letters or emails. If you have all your statements add up all the charges then write to Abbey requesting the charges back. I hope u are not too stress by the past communications u have had with them in the past. Get even, don't get mad.

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

• 1 month later...

You may be exempt from Court costs for reclaim as you are a single parent perhaps on benefits and any charges incurred through Court should be reclaimable also if initially laid out or not.

I would also guess that you are entitled to legal aid although remember that they may place a charge on your home as an asset if you use a solicitor to represent you. So you are entitled to ask the judge to wiave the costs under your circumstances. Other than that try to get pro bono assistance legally and or contact the citizens advise for guidance..good luck

Hi and Welcome, what a terrible mess for you, =but we can help, do you have all your statements going back 6 years? please say that you sent them copies, if you did then fill in the spreadsheet as per the link above and we can help you get your money back.

Please dont worry, we can help you with everything, are you sure that you are claiming everything that you are entitled to? the benefits agency website can help you there too.

So your first job is to get the spreadsheet, open it , save it and fill it in and then come back and talk to us again, we can help you through this mess :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed