What the heck do i do here?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope you can advise me on the following.

I and family went for a visit to the cinema on Friday 8th June 2007. I parked in the NCP car park, around 20-20.30, which is under (I believe) the Centre Court shopping centre in Wimbledon, London. When we came out I realised that the car park closed at 24.00 and my car was locked in. I spoke to a security guard (over an intercom) who advised me to come back at 08.00 (Saturday) to collect it.

08.01 I was there to pick up my car (as directed) and had to pay the NCP ticket (£20) to get out. I then noticed a parking ticket on my windshield. I went back and asked the NCP person/attendant (over an intercom) who advised me that the ticket was from the build security for parking my car over night.

My questions/points:-

1. Can I be charged twice for parking my car in the same space? i.e. £20 NCP and £60 for parking ticket.

2. I notice the ticket say “Parking unauthorised” but there are no details on the back to explain what that means.

3. The car park was locked (my fault I know) from 24.00 to 08.00 but the ticket is timed 07.10, so I was unable to get to my car to remove it. Does this mean the ticket is incorrectly issued?

Please help.

Do not pay. Private tickets have no legal basis anyway, and in this case they clearly gave you permission to park overnight in return for £20.

You should also look into whether it was clearly brought to your attention on the signs that staying past midnight would result in as large a fee as £20. I expect it is there, but worth looking into, based on the apparent low level of their understanding.

Also find out who these building security people are. There may be offences being committed by them (fraud, blackmail), and by NCP if they are allowing them to operate.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Extra info

Ticket (?) was issued by The UK Parking Enforcement Agency which is a trading name for Wilsea Services Ltd.

The NCP clearly has a 24 hour tariff giving me the intention that I can park that long.

Do I write back to them as per the sticky on this forum not acknowledging I was the driver etc ?

Do I write back to them as per the sticky on this forum not acknowledging I was the driver etc ?

No. Writing back following the receipt of a ticket is near on confirmation that you were the driver. Wait until something comes through the post then write as the Registered Keeper denying all liability.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS