halifax offer-any advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi folks

with only 7 days to go(out of 28 allowed) before filing judgements (as awaiting there defence as they promised)at northampton county courts against the halifax, me and my wife both received this saturday the 16th june, FINAL OFFERS letters from the banks. :o

our claims was my wifes been for 4,513.16 inclusive of total charges,interest and court costs and mine for 2,740.97 all done on mcol,and acknowledged by bank on 25th may.they state in letter they cant recover costs etc if we go courts,yet contradict themseves by still not paying up-the fools:mad:

final offer from halicrap for me was 2,357.71 and my wifes consideribally less than asked for at 2,872.15,which will be in our accounts this week,which is nice -but not right?

problem been they say we,re NOT ENTITLED to 383.26(me) and 1,641.01(wife) from the above figures or 2 grand nearly?? unless we can provide evidence of our losses-cheeky bast....:rolleyes: ,they will file a defence for these amounts-really?

with so little time left to do letters of declinig there offers,before this saturday (23/6) any advice whether to phone the number on letters 1st thing this monday and try and ask for full amount or very near offer or any other thoughts as all welcomed.been going on for nearly 4 months so just want to sort it all out now so dont want them taking there offer back but dont want to give in at this late stage.

thanks for any replys

stumpi

I guess that you could accept their offer as "partial settlement" and tell them that you are still going ahead with your full claim - and see what their response is!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Yes I agree with Dusary, send this off next http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html stick to your timescales and get ALL your money back.

Keep these bookmarks to hand. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

Any problems or worries, shout in here and someone will help.

Good luck!

Thank goodness I seem to be doing something right!

I haven't got MY money back yet!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

no luck on phone as they,re standing firm and both did,nt want to get into arguement with the idiots so decision time to accept or let it go to court. what do you think folks as stated only got till saturday?

no luck on phone as they,re standing firm and both did,nt want to get into arguement with the idiots so decision time to accept or let it go to court. what do you think folks as stated only got till saturday?

Why accept anything less that what is rightfully yours?

Carry on with your claim and get the FULL amount.

Good luck and go get 'em ;)