mikhug v NatWest... advice please!

mikhug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

wondering if someone could give us a bit of advice for my case. i'm trying to claim £1525 plus interest & £120 court fee off NatWest. i went through the process of prelim and lba allowing the time limits. i filed with mcol. 2 days later i received an offer from NatWest for the £1525. as it was past the deadline and i'd already paid the court fee i did not respond. cobbetts aknowledged the claim and then sent a defence, both last minute. in the defence they asked for a cpr18. i sent them a letter found on this site basically refusing a cpr18 due to small claims track. i've now had a letter from the court saying the the case is being transfered to my local court. in the letter it says

"The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispenced with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise."

Does this mean i just wait for further direction from the court? as of yet i've sent nothing to the court. is this correct? should i expect anything else from cobbetts at this point? to add a spanner to the works, i've just had a contract for a new job today, and will be going to africa for six weeks on the 27th of june. i take it i should make the court aware of this. was also going to send cobbetts a nudge letter today but am not sure if this would be the right thing as i am going away. also, because of the new job i am not as desperate for the whole amount. is it too late to accept the offer from NatWest? its getting a bit confusing! any advice please

Hi mikhug

Welcome to the NatWest forum.

You don't need to do anything until you hear from your local court and you probably won't hear anytyhing from Cobbetts either. Your local court will either issue an AQ in which case go here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html or dispense with it, in which case go here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-711002.html

If you are going away, it is probably a good idea to let your local court know as they usually give 14 days for the AQ to be returned.

If you want to accept NatWest's offer, I don't think it is too late, they will proabably be relieved.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site