Going to court with barclays

rustycobblers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, today i recieved a letter from the court containing Barclays defence details, has anyone got any advice on what to do, is it wise to procceed? Am i likley to end up incurring court charges? any help gratefully recieved

Rusty

ps il will be away for the week so il reply asap.thank you

hi, i wrote to barclays asking for the last six years statements for my daughters account,which i recieved. The next stage was to ask them for bank charges of £275 to be refunded which they refused. I then wrote to them again giving them 14 days to refund my daughters money or we would take them to court. They did not respond to this, I then started court proccedings and at the last minute they entered a defence at Northhampton County Court which has now been transfered to Romford County Court.All the above proccedure was done with templates from BBC2 Martin's moneytips website.Barclays are using solicitor Rosmary Treves Brown of Legal and Compliance in London.

I am concerned this is now going to cost me money that i do not have!

Its not going to cost you anything now apart from photocopying ( or paper and ink for printer)

Next you will get a letter from your local court it will either be a court date or an Allocations Questionaire (AQ)... this will cost you nothing as your claim is for under £1500 ... altho some courts are dispencing with the AQ

Once you have a court date you can contact B's Litigation team http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html have a read here

Ok... you have already filed at court... that cost you £80... you may have an Allocations Questionaire to fill in which will cost £100... Both these costs are recoverable from barclays.

As you have already started court process your case within barclays will now have been passed to their litigation team. They are settling most cases before the hearing. As your claim is relatively small i would contact barclays and ask them if they wish to settle now.. have a look at the thread / link below. You will find all of the relevent phone numbers and email addresses

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html