Please Help(3 nightmare)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I 'am trying to sort out my other half 3 problem.

He has tried to cancel his contract before it was up, three months before to be exact. He called them in April, May and in June '06 they told him he should have called in May, and that they could not cancel the contract until next month, which would have brought into a new contract which he did not want.

In July he was on the phone with somebody for 1 hour to find out why his contract hasnt been cancelled.

But he has a letter from 3 dated in May '06 giving him his PAC number and telling him his account will be closed once the PAC number has been transferred to another network, instead he asked for a pay as you go sim card which he recieved.

What I dont understand is he has a previous balance for £84.17 but when called to pay them they told him he only had to pay £39.53.

When you give notice of cancellation, they calculate the cost of the months still to run, and then generate a bill for the closure. If he planned to stay on the SAME network, a PAC code is of no use - so they may have misunderstood. As for the different billing amounts, it looks as though they've revised the period he has to pay for. Why not pay the lower amount and ask for confirmation that the account is closed.

Hi all, I gave other half the info, but he said when he wanted to cancel the account and get his PAC he told them to forget that and send him a pay as u go sim card, which he recieved but hasn't used due to the problems with them. Refering to my previous post he did pay the lower amount, which he thought was his last bill. So you can only imagine his surprise when they started sending letters demanding payment. His case has now been transfered to solisters on behalf of 3.

What can he do now?

Where is his number now? Is it on the SIM (PAYG) that he doesn't use? If so the PAC code error doesn't become an issue - but it could if not, as networks often use the PAC transfer request to signal the contract cessation date. If that doesn't happen, they continue to charge until it does.

Find out what has happened to the number - if he hasn't contacted 3UK to say the account is disputed, do this now before a default is registered.

Hi all, Thank you Buzby for replying. He has'nt used the contract sim, since he said he cancelled it, but 3 put him on incoming calls only anyway, and he has'nt used the pay as u go.

Hi all, I 'am trying to sort out my other half 3 problem.

He has tried to cancel his contract before it was up, three months before to be exact. He called them in April, May and in June '06 they told him he should have called in May, and that they could not cancel the contract until next month, which would have brought into a new contract which he did not want.

Just one point. At the end of the original contract, he is then out of contract and can give 30 days notice. He does not automatically enter intoa new contract unless he accepts a new offer from THREE either by getting a new phone or line rental discount.

Best off getting PAC code and transferring to another network, which should take 5 working days.

Not quite. You are NEVER 'out of contract', simply you have met the minimum term commitment. The contract rolls on until cancelled. It is also worth noting you do not need to wait until the minimum term is reached. You can write requesting cancellation on the 1st anniversary of the contract being entered into - effectively this means on the billing date, so by giving 45 days clear notice (by Recorded Delivery AND phone) you can end quickly and cleanly.

Not quite. You are NEVER 'out of contract', simply you have met the minimum term commitment. The contract rolls on until cancelled. It is also worth noting you do not need to wait until the minimum term is reached. You can write requesting cancellation on the 1st anniversary of the contract being entered into - effectively this means on the billing date, so by giving 45 days clear notice (by Recorded Delivery AND phone) you can end quickly and cleanly.

I agree Buzby, if you have completed your initial contract, your contract is still with the network but you are only tied to the network for the notice period.

With some networks i.e. TMobile and Three you can give 30 days notice at either 11months on a 12 month contract or 17 month in an 18 month contract, so that the contract expires on the anniversary of the connection/upgrade date.

I remember years ago, a company called Uniqueair had a 12 month contract, but required 12 months notice to end the contract, so you would have to give notice as soon as you were connected to end it at the 12 months. Thankfully this is no longer the practice.

I can top that - a Cellnet SP called Gazelle (eventually bought out by Millicom, and by a long-winded coincidence, morphed into Hutchison Cellular (!) - Offered 12 month contracts, however, notice of cancellation had to be given FIVE DAYS either side of the contract date. IN effect to get only the 12 months, you had to sign up AND give notice of cancellation the same day! IF you didn't, then you had to wait 12 months, THEN serve out your 12 month notice period. They gave up the idea when dealers got their customers to sign the contract AND cancellation as part of the sign up process. I understood Justin Orde (the MD) was mightily unimpressed!