Barclaycard is a pain in the ***

alvinlwh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just got my statement for my Barclaycard today, and I got hit by a late payment charge (£12) and had my promotional interest rates (6.9%) reverted to normal (19.9%)for 'late payment'.:o

The thing is I always has direct debit set up for all my accounts and I will over pay the minimum amount by cheques. This work perfectly fine with all my other accounts (2 MBNA and 2 Halifax)where they will take both the direct debit amount and cheque payment. But not Barclaycard. If I paid by cheque they will not take the payment from direct debit. This cause me not to know if the direct debit is working or not. I did not pay by cheque last month and found out this month that my direct debit is not working, only to be hit by the charges and interest.:-x

Phone them up to find out what the hell is going on, and they told me that I had cancelled the direct debit myself. However 'just for this time' they are willing to refund me the charge and revert the interest rate back to my promotional rate. Determined to find out what is going on, I logged in to my current account and true enough, my direct debit for Barclaycard is gone! Phone my bank up and they told me that the direct debit is cancelled by me in person, either online or at a branch. which both I did not do!:confused:

Question is should I be worried? Is someone messing around with my account(s)?:!:

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07

Fingers crossed for you that it is not anything sinister.

On the basis of my experience with Barclays/Barclaycard it's probably nothing to worry about and more likely their staff being idiots and deleting a mandate on the wrong account. Trust me, it happens a lot.

Good luck :)

Thanks, I will be getting my bank to look into the matter today. Anyway if it is fraud, it is a really strange kind!

NatWest for £272:Full and final settlement: 13/11/06

Argos Card for £52.50:Paid to Argos account: 10/11/06

Bank of Scotland for £218:Full and final settlement: 25/01/07