hsbc query

jeccle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi al

I have received a partial offer from hsbc.

Original claim 2848.91 (incl 864.08 contractual interest)

Proceeded to mcol which added 408.24.

received partial offer os 1710.28. I am rejecting this and proceeding with mcol. Now I am scared - should I have accepted this? Their main issue is with contractual interest and 150 for estimated pre 2001 costs.

Any help would be appreciated.

If it would be of any help I can copy the letter in I received from hsbc.

Hi

Can anyone help me? I've looked and can't see anything related to my query.

I have made a claim against HSBC for £4911 and received an offer for £3500. I know I'm not to accept it but I have a problem. Unfortunately mainly thanks to the service from the HSBC I have had my overdraft transferred to a Debt Collecting Agency and the HSBC have said that any money owing to us would be used to pay off the debt which would leave us with nothing. Can they do this or is there a way round it?

Please help I really need this money.

thanks

Yes there is a way round this! ;) If they have sold (assigned) your debt to the Debt Collection agency, then HSBC have been paid what you owe by the DCA. Therefore any money you claim from them MUST be paid to you direct (it is your money) - tell them you want a cheque made out to you, and when you receive it and it has been cleared you will stop any action on this matter, (Note: make sure you say 'this matter' so that will allow you to chase them again if something else crops up! The idea of your overdraft being 'transferred' seems odd and highly unlikely- check the EXACT situation the bank have put you in first! Hope this helps....:)

All advice and opinions are my own and should be checked before taking any action - !

Hope this helps.

AS ALWAYS BEST WISHES TO ALL AND 'LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE..'..

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Can anyone help me? I've looked and can't see anything related to my query.

I have made a claim against HSBC for £4911 and received an offer for £3500. I know I'm not to accept it but I have a problem. Unfortunately mainly thanks to the service from the HSBC I have had my overdraft transferred to a Debt Collecting Agency and the HSBC have said that any money owing to us would be used to pay off the debt which would leave us with nothing. Can they do this or is there a way round it?

Please help I really need this money.

thanks

hi,

i'm the same as you. asked for £4500, recieved an offer of £3893. but my personal loan went to a debt collection agency when they closed our account. the offer states that if i agree to the settlement then they will send the cheque to the debt collection agency. i'm trying to find advice on if they can do this?. please let me know how you go on with them. i want to accept the claim but i don't agree to the condition.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

URGENT

The money is yours and cannot be sent to a third party without your written consent.

Tell them you will report them to the Police if they do send the money to the DCA as a having committed a Theft (Theft Act 1968 [as amended] refers - 'a person commits theft if that person dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it' - money has been held to be property, and the act is dishonest because the defendant knows you would not consent).

The person authorising the payment to the DCA would be the person committing the theft for the purposes of the Act, if you tell them that they will know you mean business.

WRITE TO THEM AND TELL THEM THIS BUT DO NOT SIGN ANY CONSENT FORM......

Hope this helps.:)

BEST WISHES TO ALL - KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!!

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

thanx dougal16t,

i have wrote a letter, requesting payment be made to me and should be forwarded to my address. i didn't think that they could do it but i wasn't 100% sure. i certainly didn't know that it was against the law. thankyou for your advice, i'm smiling again.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]