time limits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a time limit on how long a company can recover a debt in scotland?I think a company is trying to recover a debt which is about 15 years old.I have over the years had a few letters from various recovery companys but never replied to any of them.Then yesterday an agent posted a note through my door wanting me to contact them.Any advice would be appreciated

Hello

I would not contact anyone if a debt is that old.They have had all that time to take action and have'nt bothered. Have a look around the debt forum for more advice. There are some links below to help you get around the site.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

That certainly sounds seriously statute barred.

I believe that this is 5 years for Scotland.

If in this time you haven't aknowledged this debt then enforcement action is NOT possible.

When was the last time you made a payment to this "debt" ?

This card you received would of been sent via normal mail and not from some "collection agent".

I have quite a collection of these and they have NEVER turned up.

DON'T call them, just wait for their real letter to arrive then hit them hard ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too