Rockwell Sent My Details To Someone Else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The problem with the Data Protection Act is that it doesn't give any clear guideance on financial claims.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/claiming_compensation.pdf

What is the amount outstanding on the debt?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory the amount is £3380

Is it worth mentioning to them that I sent a CCA request to Fenton Cooper on the 18th May and they are now in default.

The thing that worries me is that Rockwell sent my details to a stranger but when i request them they don't have them so where are they now as the lady who received them wrote to tell me she had returned them to Rockwell.

I have a situation where Morgan Stanley have sent me all of the information for another card member, I informed them and they offered the immediate repayment of all my fees and charges plus compensation but not very much - I also informed the other card member. I asked them to write off the current CC balance but they then wrote to withdraw their offer and stated that since my personal information had not been disclosed and the other card member had been contacted that they were not in breach of the data protection act and that I had not suffered any loss. They requested I distroy this person's data and sign a gagging agreement, they would then refund the bank charges.

I have responded pointing out that this is nonsense and I amin no doubt that they had seriously breached the data protection act and that they had also breached the terms of their consumer credit license. Since they have now transferred all their customers to Goldfish I also wrote to their CEO.

Apart from informing the information commissioner, does anyone else have any suggestions? TS do not want to know and seem to have removed themselves from issues relating to consumer debt.

I would suggest that you start the F.O.S. complaint instead of writing to Tessera again. I don't think that there is much point, as they have given you a final response.

edit: my understanding is that unless you can show actual damage, judges only really award nominal judges and an order for this kind of breach. They can award some damages for distress, however, at their discretion.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I would suggest that you start the F.O.S. complaint instead of writing to Tessera again. I don't think that there is much point, as they have given you a final response.

edit: my understanding is that unless you can show actual damage, judges only really award nominal judges and an order for this kind of breach. They can award some damages for distress, however, at their discretion.

Better to make anofficial complaint to the scumbags first though. It will strengthen your case with the FOS when the scummers fail to resolve your complaint

Hi ODC

I have made a complaint to the scumbags and they said sorry it won't happen again.

Sorry not good enough.

I realise you feel this is not good enough and of course I agree with you. HOWEVER its one of the avenues you must go down before you can go to the FOS with your complaint. No doubt the reply you will get from them will condemn them even more. Give them plenty of rope.;)

Hi ODC

I have made a complaint to the scumbags and they said sorry it won't happen again.

Sorry not good enough.

No indeed. I wish one of my creditors would do this. If you play your cards right you should be able to tear them a second r sole for sending your details to another person, not merely get the debt written off.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Black Horse who are the OC had sent me my credit agreement

All well and good but have Rockwell sent you proof of the debt and proof of their entitlement to collect it

No indeed. I wish one of my creditors would do this. If you play your cards right you should be able to tear them a second r sole for sending your details to another person, not merely get the debt written off.

The best line I have read on this site. Excellent!

Is this legal jargon?