suzie V,s barclaycard

suzieets
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone am new to all this so please bear with me , i,v read up on loads of your cases and am wishing you all TONS OF LUCK AND GOOD LUCK WISHES SO instead of waffling [oh bad habit of mine lol] i,m going to tell you where i,m at with barclay stall alot [lol] 5th april - wrote requesting SAR recieved 2004 + but had the normal mircofliche etc etc so as i,m trying to get myself informed came across a letter stating the facts on this so copied the letter stating all the jargan etc ... oh 4 days later rest of statements so added up all charges and it totalled £549.00 so on the 8th june sent the first of requesting my default charges back i,v noticed they are giving back the £8 difference which leaves the charge at £12 i just wanted to know if it ok to ask for help and advise if having to go further as i,m sooooo scared , keep strong for yourself and others

Hiya suzieets,

We all had to start where you are. Dont worry you will soon get the hang of it.

Please read as much as you can. Reading through the threads will give you a good idea what to expect, and as you know, any problems, just ask, there is always some one around to help you. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

good evening everyone well recieved a goodwill letter today saying they will put £211 into my account as a goodwill gesture etc etc now peeps please please advise me do i take the money and run or shall i fight for it i,m soooo scared of going to court and looking a fool no matter how much i try and read i still dont think i have enough information to cover myself please desperately needing advise (((((((hugs)))))))

It is a very personal choice wether accept an offer or to turn it down.

If you want to refuse it, then you will need to send a rejection letter..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

If it does go further you will be helped every step of the way.

And given all the help you will need.

Let us know what you decide..:D

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Your total charges were £549 right, so why would you take an offer of £211?

This is YOUR money and they will give it all back if you follow the easy steps on here.

Look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html you will see that you now need to send this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html, get in the post and send recorded delivery.

You can either accept it as part payment, or ask them to take it back.

Have a read through what I have given you and see what you think.

There is no need to be scared, this is all a ploy to make you feel this way.

I will keep an eye on you and help as much as I can, and if I miss anything, feel free to PM me ok.

Deep breaths and go for it - don't let them fob you off anymore, go and get YOUR money back ;)

Good luck!

• Haha 1

do you think i have a hope in hells chance of winning ??? they say they have paid or are going to pay £211 in to my account do i then jst send a letter saying thanks for partial payment but i want all me money back lol..... i wasnt even asking for interest ? will i have to go to court myself ? are they liable to sort out before court date ??? i have read a few sucess stories but looking on the threads peeps tell us of court dates only o disappear lol .... any advise is very welcome i,m not thick as such just busy full time mum to 3 under 4 so my skills are now painting and singing pmsl..... thank you for your advise ... i really wana take it further but is that me being greedy ?

ok i,m off to do me reading will be back to let you know thank you soooo much and if i do decide to have a battle with them i will drive you all nuts asking for advise lol so beware dont say i never warned you.......lol

First of all calm down ok.

Yes you will win, there is no need to worry about court yet. In any case they usally pay up before you get to court.

Read some of the **won** cases at the top of this page or any page and you will see how many thousands of people have already won!

You also have Seaside lady keeping an eye on you, so you are in good hands.

You can have a look at my threads if you like. I have just filed with my local court. I also have no idea what I am doing, but I WILL get my money back, and so will you ;)

do you think its in my best interests to completly refuse their offer and tell them to take themoney back out or go for the thank you for partial payment but i want the remaining etc etc and would someone be able to help me fill in the forms etc i can do the refusing letter but by reading all threads everyone has had court date etc and how on earth do i file a defence etc ????? is someone here who could also talk me though it if and when time comes ? gosh i,m a nuisance

do you think its in my best interests to completly refuse their offer and tell them to take themoney back out or go for the thank you for partial payment but i want the remaining etc etc and would someone be able to help me fill in the forms etc i can do the refusing letter but by reading all threads everyone has had court date etc and how on earth do i file a defence etc ????? is someone here who could also talk me though it if and when time comes ? gosh i,m a nuisance

It is up to you wether you ask them to remove the money or keep it as a partial payment.

Use one of the rejection letters in the link that money gave you.

Also you need to do this 1 step at a time, your next step is to send the letter, as soon as your prelim letter runs out, send the lba letter.

You dont need to worry about court dates yet.

You are doing fine, but you should read around a bit more.

This will help you, you should bookmark it.

F&Qs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

F&Q's... Read here

still reading up still quite confused and until i know i can do it [or get though it all] i,m just waiting reading etc it seems peeps are having to actually go to the court and deal with bc that way and that scares me as i,m not intelligent enough to fight bc :(

Suzi,

A little friendly advice - just start by sending your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Because Barclaycard take so, so long to send statements, this way you will at least be prepared to do battle - it costs £10 and you will not commit yourself to anything.

Also - I have never done anything like this before, I am scared too, but with so many people here to help and advise us what to do, you cannot go wrong, anyway we wont let you go wrong. ;)

If you are spending time reading up on things, may I suggest looking at the Halifax forum (that's where my threads are) read other peoples wins and their worries and fears. I find this Barclaycard thread very quiet and not many wins recently, but Halifax claimants are winning everyday, it will give you the reassurance you need.

Just my thoughts and GO FOR IT! what have you got to loose - it's YOUR money, go and get it back ;)

hi moneyhelp thanks for tips mate i have already gone though the sar process and recieved the £8 /£12 difference letter will have a look though the halifax threads but as peeps have said they are the best for reclaiming x

• 2 weeks later...