Ryanair rip off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Booked a two day break in france and flew to Poitier with my wife.On returning to the airport found out we were not booked on the flight.

Checking my email print out we were booked on a flight to stanstead on the 30th june and not the 2nd.

I know when i booked i put the 2nd as the return date as with the car hire return and hotels etc.

The flight number was the return flight but apparently Ryanair dont change flight numbers using the same one for every flight out and back.

Now initially i thought i must have made a mistake but....there was also a woman at Poitiers airport who had exactly the same problem ie booked for return on the 2nd but had the 30th on her tickets like ourselves.

Now ime thinking that is too much of a coincidence.

Having to get back to the uk we eventually got return tickets at a much inflated price of £445 including ticket change details.

Total rip off and i think a fault at there end with computer booking system for it to happen to two people.

Not had a reply from Ryanair yet.

What can be done:(

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll have to put this down to experience.

When you book online with Ryanair you have a final page which sets out all the details flights and cost. You agree to this and a few minutes later an e-mail arrives with your itinerary. You should print out both the page and the e-mail and if there is a discrepancy you have some form of proof to challenge Ryanair.

I nearly had this myself, I selected a date, then used the wheel on the mouse to scroll down the page, but the date dropdown was still selected (bue) it and scrolled down to the bottom date (30) before scrolling the page. Fortunately I noticed in time. It's easily done!

• 1 year later...

This [problem] cost me £40 the other day. I had booked online and did not see any other charges. My partner and I turned up at the airport with all our paperwork only to be told hand over another £40 or walk. I was kind of angry over this as there is nothing clear in the paperwork and there were 60 other people in the same boat all queueing up to pay the same fee. Non of those people knew why they were paying. The check in staff said they did not care as there were plently more people like us. :eek:

In this day an age when so many people are being laid off work this company think they can treat people like this then I am sorry I will make a point of this. Ryanair I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVERR FLY with you guys again even if you are the only airline in the world and you are giving tickets away. [problematic]! :x