Help and advice,pleease!!!

Notahappybunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I would be very grateful for any help and advice.

I'm waiting for a court date and i'm starting to prepare my court bundle but I have a few questions.:confused:

In Bank Fodder's info on Guidance Notes for going to court he mentions having requested a detailed breakdown of costs for the charges. Should I have done that personally?

I have been charged for going over my overdraft by 35p, yes that's 35pence, and they charged me £30. How do I word that in my court bundle because if they can agree an overdraft without charging me then how on earth can they justify charging me £30 to see wether my credit is good enough for another 35p!!!

Also, I have found an old statement going back to May '01 and it states a charge of £10 for unauth'd borr.fee and six years later they are charging £30 for the same service, thats a 200% increase, I can't find any other charges on there site for the same increase, could I put that argument in me bundle, and how?

Also I have old t&c's for an old loan agreement from '01 would that help me any.

Would be grateful for any advice.

I'm not an expert, i want to make that clear, all I know is from putting together my claim.

In your bundle, as well as in any letters to your bank asking for your refund, you should provide a list af all the charges you're claiming.

You don't need to mention how much you exceeded the agreed overdraft (30p or £1,000,000). It doesn't make a difference. Say if it's from a bounced cheque or excess overdraft, though.

The Witness Statement you can find in the "Have you got a court date?" already argues the point that banks unilaterally change the amounts they charge whenever it suits them. Include that in the bundle.

Apart from the witness statement, the bundle seems to be a collection of evidence. It's going to contain documents, not so much your opinion. Don't worry about having to include your arguments if you use the bundle provided here. You'll get to defend your claim in court, if it ever comes to that, but it's more likely they'll settle before.

Hope it helps.

Hass

On the subject of Court Bundles - I am putting mine together at the moment. Does anyone know if I need to include the full report 'Analysis of unfair terms in Schedule 2' or just section 5.8 ? I am not sure if the whole report is relevant, or just that bit?

Thanks!