Drakes Letter - some advice needed please.

rl123

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I recieved a letter from drakes last week, responding to a email i sent them asking if it would be possible to pay the fine of £200 pounds in monthly installments. i recieved a response back a few days ago postmarked over just over two weeks old! it reads

"Thank you for you recently letter, unfortunatly we are unable to accept you payment offer to settle this debt. however we will allow you 14 days to pay within full. Please be awear no further coraspondence will be entered into"

Is this legal i have not said i wont pay but cant pay in full?

is there a letter or some advice someone could help me with.

many thanks

So are you saying you were fined for not paying your CT bill and it has been paid since? Who took you to court, the council or Drakes?

If it got to court a judge wouldn't make you pay more than you can afford. have Drakes threatened you with court? have you kept a copy of your email offering payments? Is the £200 fine from Drakes or the court? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a clearer picture of your circumstances:)

Hi rl, after a search through the forums I have only found a couple of threads similar to your situation...interesting one here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/98280-drakes-bailiffs-calling-round.html?highlight=court%2Bfine

I think you may have better luck posting in the bailiff section where someone more knowledgable will be able to help you, unless someone comes along here. It might help you in that their reply was delayed considerably in response to your email, may be worth writing to them to point this out, enclosing a copy of the postmarked envelope and letter.

Good luck, hope you manage to sort it out.:)