What to do?

ppauls150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend had a bump a few years ago with a bus. She hit the back of the bus ever soo slightly and the bus driver got out and said oh there is no damage dont worry about it. Anyway he must of got back to the depot, mentioned it and they thought oh we will claim for a new bumper. They did and sent us the bill and told us to get into touch with her insurance company. She spoke to them and told them the driver said that there was no damage as she only touched the back of the bus and the driver was happy and there was no damage. If they wanted to claim the damage off her insurance to then send her the bus defect sheets in that the bus drivers have to fill in every time they take a bus out of the depot which will show that before he took the bus out that there was no damage to when the next person who filled out the defect sheet that there was damage to the bumper which would then show that she did do some damage. They said that they wouldnt send out the info to us so we said then we wont enter into any more with them unless they did. The next thing that they did was to contact their solicitors who then started sending us letters asking for the money. We did the same thing with them and told them if they dont show us that we did the damage then we wont contact our insurance company unless they can show that she did the damage. In the end the solicitors filed for a Default to the courts for the money so in the end we ended up having to give them the details of the insurance to pay out which they did. In this time my girlfriend did get a default on the money which we have just found out from Equifax that we can get the default removed off her file as long as we can get a letter from the insurance company saying that they paid the money out for the claim. The problem is that we dont know who the insurance company was that she was with and i was thinking that the only way that we could get the insurance company she was with is to ask the solicitor who was dealing with the claim for the bus company. We asked them and they said they wont give us the insurance company of ours who paid the money out and it is not their problem. I was wondering if we could send them a DPA which they would then have to give us any information that they have on us which would then also show who her insurance company was. Can we do this and if so what do you think we should write to them?

thanks for the advice

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

In principle I cannot see why this wont work. I dont think there are any exemptions for solicitors relating to the DPA unless it would compramise a legal investigation.

Have you tried your girlfriends current insurance? They might have the details

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!