phone4u - How can I deal with them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had purchased 2 orange connections with N95 model form phone4u. The contract was signed on 13th of May but the handsets were give only on 14th and the other one on 19th May.

Both the handset were faulty and I went back to report at store after a week's time.

I was asked to get both my phones within an hour and they said they would exchange it right away. I ran down to my friends place to get both the phones with the boxes and accessories. When I reached the store they said, they have jsut sold the last piece they had and they do not have anymore in stock, not in any stores in Edinburgh. As I live in Dundee, I told them it is not feasible for me to communte everytime for this.

So, the sales person contacted the Dundee store and informed me that they would receive new stocks on Monday and if I can collect them before 10am, I can get them replaced. I agreed on the basis that I will call and confirm before going as I am working person, the time was not very feasible for me. When I called the Dundee store, they said they do not know and put me on hold for more than I could wait for. As the person has said, he would follow up with the dundee office and if I have not collected on Monday, then he would personally post them to me, I waited for his call abotu it.

When I realised that I am nearing my 28 days (thinking that my phones were given to me on 28th, so my day1 starts from then), I went back to store on the 11th June. The manager told me I have crossed my 28 days as I have signed the contract on 13th may. I was shattered. I said but you did not have stock and that is why I collected the phones later and hence my 28 days period should ahve started only from the day i rec the phone or I should ahve been informed about this clause on the day of singing the contract. After wasting 2 hours there and having heated discussion with the store manager and someone phone, all they had to offer was repair my brand new phones, not one but BOTH OF THEM.

I was shaken, firstly that they did not inform me of this cluase at the time of signing the contract, secondly, I have complained well within 28 days and was promised an exhcange and they did not keep up the world and now they want to get away with it saying my 28 days are over?????

Can anyone tell me how I can deal with it?

Thanks and regards,

Sree

Ugh. What a mess. Unless you are prepared to take them to court (for not complying with SOGA), all you can really do is create havoc with the store and its manager. Are both the faults the same on each, and are you sure it is not user error? (Have to ask!).

Well both the faults are almost same -

The phone freezes while talking

At times Restarts on it as if it has got a mind of its own and has decided to take a break :(

Sometimes even on full battery i.e. charged to full just 10 minutes ago, just goes back to level 1 and shows the battery low symbol.

Few times, the listener on other side is not able to hear from the start of the conversation itself or sometimes they can not hear in the middle of the conversation, then I have to restart the phone again.

What more, I am troubled by each phone in new ways every day :(((

I am in real mess :(

Yes, but I am jsut wondering that is there any action that can be taken aganist comapnies like phone4u to deter them from doing this to future customer.

And also wanted this as a warning post for future potential customer to phone4u

For anyone following this thread, I am leaving the Orange network anyways for other reason - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/98489-leaving-orange-contract-before.html

But I have added this post here for other who wish to buy phone from phone4u, so that they do not fall into their sweeth words trap.

Hopefully this helps someone in future.

Cheers

Sree

The phones being faulty is not the reason for my to cancel the contract, I am only trying to get the phones exchanged, it was only after I knew that the access numbers were canceled that I decided to cancel the contract but not before trying to negociate with Orange to provid me with access number as it was before when I started the contract.

whatever you do dont give ya phones to P4U dont deal with them anymore just take them to your local nokia service centre mine is a carphonewarehouse which you can find here

Store Locator - Get support and software

its free as long as you bring proof of purchase

i think your local nokia service centre is

S3 Interactive

100 Albert Street

Dundee, Angus

DD46QN

Are you expecting to Cancel your contracts with Orange and then keep the phones? If you cancel and do not give the phones back, you will be liable for the cost of the phones. £450 - £500 each..... Also as the numbers you have mentioned are not standard UK landline or UK mobile numbers, but are actually Access Numbers, they are not included in your monthly allowance. If you have had them included up to now it was due to the network, not finding out they are access numbers up to recently. Not a cause to cancel...

There are glitches with the N95 but changing them won't help.

We will have to wait until Nokia bring out a software update. Check Nokias website, where this can be done at home on your PC, pretty easily.