DVLA help - a twist in the tale

jay smith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I recently posted asking if anyone knew how to get tax without the registration document as the new keepers suppliment had been sent off to DVLA, and althougth the car was officially taxed, the previous owner was disabled - try this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/vehicle-retailers-manufacturers/96533-d-l-advice-please.html to see the original post.

Well there is now a twist - i have just been in touch with the dvla, who now have my application to change classification of the vehicle, but cant issue documents until the vehicle has had a VIC. All they will tell me as to why the car needs this is that is has probably been involved in an insurance claim, possible write off and they need to make sure any repairs have been carried out properly and it isnt two cars or more - ie cut 'n' shut. On top of this it will take about 4 weeks to get an appointment for the vic and all the time the mot is ticking away and i havnt got a car.Obviously i have no idea of the cars history, however there is a lot of broken windscreen glass all over the inside of the car...

So it turns out the car i bought from a trader, for £180, on the road with tax and mot untill november, now isnt... i am hopeing the trader will out of good will offer me my money back on the car, however if he doesnt how do i stand legaly? As the car wasnt as advertised am i entiteld to my money back on it?

Also if the car up until now has had tax, mot, and regisrtation documents with dvla,how come it now has to have a vic? What could have changed?

please help,

Many Thanks

JS

I would suggest that currently no V5 exists for this vehicle and the story about the V5c (new keepers supplement) being sent of to the DVLA is a fabrication of lies to cover the fact that the vehicle has been a cat C or D total loss.

A VIC (vehicle identity check) is as the name suggests only confirms the identity of a vehicle that has been declared a total loss and not to check the condition or quality of repair. No V5 will be produced until this has been completed after the vehicle has been reported to DVLA as a total loss.

I deal with the DVLA regularly and they are an nightmare being staffed by incompetent jobsworths. If it was me and I had given £180 for the car I would take it back to the trader and see if I could get anything out of him but to be honest I doubt it as it appears he has lied about the V5 as he knows full well the problems.

Failing that cut your losses as mixed scrap is doing £125 a ton on the weighbridge so unless its a very light car you should see a large chunk of your money back. Believe me it really isn't worth dealing with DVLA for a car of this value.

Possibly not what you wanted to hear but that's how I see it. Sorry.