Direct Auto Finance (Yes Car) - V T

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've read through lots of posts but can't seem to find anything regarding my position.

Last yr I got into arrears with the finance I had on my car. The say they defaulted me, it is on my credit file but I have never rec'd any written confirmation of it (even though common sense say's they will do this). However, I got in touch with them and arranged a repayment which is still running.

I think found out about VT'ing my car. I have paid well over 50% of the actual loan amount (not inc the PPI). I wrote to them telling them I want to VT the car and to remove the default as they've never told me about it. They just replied saying I can't VT ad I defaulted. Good bye.

Is this right? I thought I could as I've paid more than 50%. I currently over approx £3.5k on a car worth £1k.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated. I'm going to try calling CCCS also.

Thanks

Trixie :lol:

Yes you can VT the car as long as you have paid back the arrears and paid over the 50% mark. But beware we are currently battling yes car in court cause of the PPI as you have to contiue paying that even when you no longer own the car. Oh and when they say you have to pay £80 to collect the car you dont have to do that either as its not in your terms and condtions.

Good luck

Emma

HFC - Data protection letter sent - 17/07/06

- prim letter sent for £900 - 27/07/06

- LBA sent 10/08/06 asking for £945

- letter from HFC offering £450

- Letter from HFC offering £946.36

- Settled in full before filing MCOL

Ikea - Data protection letter sent - 31/07/06

- prim letter for £580 - 10/08/06

-Letter from ikea offering £250 - refused

-LBA sent 26/08/06