Rippedoff17 V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

After a long wait the Halifax have confirmed in writing the amount of charges which we have incurred since 2004, the amount is £5,213.00 yes could not beleave it but they have told me that i not make any claim.

Can you one help me and point me in the right direction in how to claim the funds back.

Any help would be great

cheers

Hi when did you file your claim? CONGRATULATIONS X

i have sent the request for the repayment, for the full amount & the 8%apr total amount of £6,232.19 ( Fingers Crossed they pay out )

If I read this correctly - it's a bit premature for the congrats, isn't it?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I need some help with the claim i have actioned the following so far :

1, Write to the Halifax regarding the bank charges and they have confirmed in writing that they have charge £5,282.00 in charges.

2, Write to the Halifax asking for the charges to be refunded in full ( using the letter from this site giving them 14 days to refund.

3, The Halifax did not reply during the first letter.

4, Write to the Halifax issuing them 14 days notice ie LBA letter, yes they have now replied Staing the following :

The charges which have been applied are correct etc and they will not refund any charges.

Where do i go from here they have charge £5,282.00 plus interest but they have refused.

Any Help would be great

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

just had a call from the Halifax stating they will make an offer regarding the claim, i faxed them a copy of the N1 they asked me not to file but nothing has been confirmed should i issue the N1 form on Monday.

Iam claiming £6,511.51 inc interest and costs

or should i wait longer for them to reply.

any help would be great

if you have faxed them a copy of your n1 then i would file it on monday if you read some of threads you will see that they dont always keep to there word so go file your n1 and get all your money back good luck:D

You faxed the N1 to Halifax..???:confused:

You now need to file it at court as soon as the 14 days are up.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Check your account, too. They may well pay in a *GOODWILL OFFER*. You, of course, reject it!

If you want to keep the *OFFER* in your account - then it's letter #2.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Carry on - follow SSL's advice above!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 2 weeks later...

breaking news

just been informed that due to the recent test case regarding the claim of bank charges, The Halifax will not be issuing any refunds until the test cases are hurd, which means they will not look at mine for 12 to 18 months haha, so iam now issuing the N1 form today at Chester Country Court.

But they did tell me that i can not file but if i did they would reply back pointing out that until the test case is been finished they are not replying to my claim.

And obviously you know what you should do.....:p :p :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .