Defaulted account because of charges!!

Charlotte1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had this on my own thread but it's not getting seen for some reason so I'm reposting.

I have currently got a claim with NatWest, it's at the stage where they have not responded to my N1 so I have now put in a request for judgement.

Anyway....

I'M FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 accounts with NatWest, one is a joint account with my husband and one is just in my name. The joint account was accruing a lot of charges when my husband was made redundant in 2005 and then we he started working again 6 months later, the account was about £800 overdrawn, just from charges!

We agreed to pay the bank £100 and they arranged an encashment where we could withdraw the rest of his wages over the counter as his wages were slightly less than the overdraft!

Eventually, what with more charges etc we got my husbands wages put into my sole account and left the other account to fester, just paying in a small amount each week.

Now the account is about £1000 overdrawn, as despite us cancelling the direct debits they have continued to try and pay them!

This morning I went to withdraw my family credit from the sole account but my card wasn't authorised!

I went into the branch and they said that both my accounts had a stop on them and I would have to ask for access to my money this time. Even though my sole account is in credit and has been run without a problem,

Any future payments made to the account will be kept to pay off the other account! What the F*** are we supposed to live on?!!

Does anyone know what I can do??

Help will be greatly appreciated!!

Right you have entered judgement against the bank. How long ago ? You must w rite to them asking them to hold action on your account until at least the bank charge court issues are settled. See here;http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html. With the account being £1,000 overdrawn, because of their bank charges. You will be able to claim these back as well. Get another account open ASAP with another bank. Good luck

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I had this on my own thread but it's not getting seen for some reason so I'm reposting.

I have currently got a claim with NatWest, it's at the stage where they have not responded to my N1 so I have now put in a request for judgement.

Anyway....

I'M FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 accounts with NatWest, one is a joint account with my husband and one is just in my name. The joint account was accruing a lot of charges when my husband was made redundant in 2005 and then we he started working again 6 months later, the account was about £800 overdrawn, just from charges!

We agreed to pay the bank £100 and they arranged an encashment where we could withdraw the rest of his wages over the counter as his wages were slightly less than the overdraft!

Eventually, what with more charges etc we got my husbands wages put into my sole account and left the other account to fester, just paying in a small amount each week.

Now the account is about £1000 overdrawn, as despite us cancelling the direct debits they have continued to try and pay them!

This morning I went to withdraw my family credit from the sole account but my card wasn't authorised!

I went into the branch and they said that both my accounts had a stop on them and I would have to ask for access to my money this time. Even though my sole account is in credit and has been run without a problem,

Any future payments made to the account will be kept to pay off the other account! What the F*** are we supposed to live on?!!

Does anyone know what I can do??

Help will be greatly appreciated!!

Matin 3030

Here is a template letter to take or send to the bank to address this.

It is important to let the bank have this BEFORE you expect to have funds paid in by DWP or the Inland revenue.

A new letter should be sent for each payment that you expect to be protected,customise as required by adding the benefit/type of payment.

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Tax Credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent £xx

Utilities bills £xx

Housekeeping money £xx

I will withdraw the money on the day that it is deposited for the above use, and I would be grateful if you would ensure that any other payments out of my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[print name)

Additionally here is further info thanks to JonCris

You may also wish to insert the following in your letter to the bank.

Social Security Administration Act 1992

Miscellaneous

Certain benefit to be inalienable **

187- Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of, or charge on-

(a)benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act;

(b)any income-related benefit; or

©child benefit,

and every agreement to assign or charge such benefit shall be void; and, on the bancrupcy of the beneficiary, such benefit shall not pass to any trustee or other person acting on behalf of his creditors

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Josie. Well done

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Josie. Well done

Thanks Parkvale. I really appreciate help I've been given on this forum too

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies