Another Court Summons from Howard Cohen / GE Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all,

As you may or may not I'm helping my bro in a tight spot and his crazy partner does not help.

She let me know at the end of April she had recieved a county court summons on 14th May. I've put in an aknowledgment of service today but I know that it's probably too late, the thing is I thought they would just have to pay up and get the charges back later.

I don't believe the charges will come to the whole claim but we don't know as we haven't put an SAR in yet (got a bigger prob with Natwest to sort first). So anyway the amount is no £20 ish (seventy quid, twenty court fee fifty for solicitors time, not happy with her AT ALL). The other thread re these solicitors gave me hope.

Firstly I'm going to bang in an SAR and make it clear I intend to reclaimthe charges thus resulting in further legal costs for the company. I hope this will encourage them into dialogue as we can then see what they actually owe, going to court is not an option as they have filed a long way away.

I'm not clear whether the communication has been up to scratch re having the debt so I've copied the letter from the other thread.

No issue here of being underage (well menatl age but that just my opinion).

I don't believe I can make the £70 go awau, which really annoys me, as this claim could've been halfed. Anyway there were some things in the other thread that gave me hope and my impression is if they have made a basic procdedural error then the court claim could be challenged. As I've said the court could well file against them but as I've just noticed if they pay within a certain time they won't have a CCJ?

So worst case they pay up and claim back but it would seem more sensible for both parties to come to some sort of agreement.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.