ABBEY DEFEAT after 6 mths!!! Yay!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I finally WON against Abbey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

£1967 inc. interest.

One day before the Mercantile court date they wrote a letter settling.

They paid me a goodwill gesture previously of £330 wondering if I should mention it to them as my acceptance of compensation as an alternative to filing an order for wasting costs as my court bundle was nearly finished.

I am assuming they settled with all the others that were to attend at london mercantile court tomorrow morning.

Now going to focus on my partner's claim his with Abbey he handed in his AQ 3 weeks ago and now awaiting a date.

Help - Abbey have paid me £380 as a 'goodwill gesture' 5 days later I received a letter statting their charges are fair as the information provided by 'uk banks to the house of commons treasury committee relate to credit card charges only'!! they also say that the office of fair trading comments also were only in relation to credit card default charges and not bank accounts - this is the first I've heard, has anyone else had this response. Do I now go to the ombudsman or take it to court ? Advice from someone please...cici1

Continue with your timetable I'm sure the letter ended with

'if you're not happy contact ombudsman...if we don't hear within 8 weeks we will take it that the matter is concluded.' With a complaints leaflet included.

Follow the next point send letter accepting only as partial payment.

Then send LBA, wait then proceed with filing compalint they are now waiting until court bundle time to settle, hoping you'll go away before then.

I have not seen any postings about going through the ombudsman APPARENTLY many have won this way, but don't quote me. If you can't face court maybe a more starightforward way, apparently only takes a letter to ombu... and they'll sort it out within i think 5 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I need help !!!!

I have been trying to get my charges refunded since 18th April, 1st it was 4 weeks then 8 weeks, then 275.00 good will gesture ( Which I have yet to receive ) total claim is 1470.00 now they tell me its at stage 2 and could take another 4 - 6 weeks I am at my wits end. I have filled in the Ombusdmun forms but really want this sorted. They have told me that the 275.00 will go in the bank in installmemts but as of yet nothing that was the 13th June. My head is pickled .... PLEASE HELP ME

1st thing - this is the wrong thread for questions!

If you read the process set up in FAQs all you have to do is follow your timescale. If Abbey says another x no. of weeks do not let that sway you.

If the GG has not been credited it only makes life easier as you do not have to adjust your charges schedule.

If you have written to the Ombudsman as an alternative to the Court process then you have to allow the Ombudsman to respond - i think that is 5 weeks.

You are uncertain because you are being intimidated by Abbey. All you have to do is read, read, read - new updated info everyday.

You might find it easier if you search all threads written by Bankfodder - the guy who really knows his stuff.

Hope this brings you out of you pickle.

By the way this is not a quick process. I requested statements in Dec. '06. 1st letter in Feb '07 and got all the money in June!!