Sarah V Capital 1

Sarahanne1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

have been reading the cap 1 threads with interest as I have an old acc with Cap1 that has just bit me on my bum in the form of cap quest..!!

Credit limit on this acc was £200 yet the debt with capQ is over £400 which are nearly all charges.

I have agreed with CapQ to pay £25 per month but I believe that at least £200 of this debt is illegal charges. I would like the charges to be knocked off the acc and I will happily pay the actual debt.

How would this work as Cap1 have sold the debt to CapQ or are they the same company?

Do I write SAR to Cap1 or CapQ?

I will be keeping to the agreement with CapQ as this will look good for me I think? Or will this be suspended until matter is resolved?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks Sarah :p

Hi Everyone

have been reading the cap 1 threads with interest as I have an old acc with Cap1 that has just bit me on my bum in the form of cap quest..!!

Credit limit on this acc was £200 yet the debt with capQ is over £400 which are nearly all charges.

I have agreed with CapQ to pay £25 per month but I believe that at least £200 of this debt is illegal charges. I would like the charges to be knocked off the acc and I will happily pay the actual debt.

How would this work as Cap1 have sold the debt to CapQ or are they the same company?

Do I write S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Cap1 or CapQ?

I will be keeping to the agreement with CapQ as this will look good for me I think? Or will this be suspended until matter is resolved?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks Sarah :p

Hi Sarah I am in a similar position to you but a bit further ahead (just about to go to court for charges)I would send both CCA and SAR requests to CapQ, CapQ will probable advise you passed request to CAP1. It's then a case of keep paying until they remove charges or if they cannot supply agreement then you will need to think about what steps you want to take next.

all the best will keep watching your thread dpick:p

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your reply Dpick.:) Can you explain CCA for me? So all correspondance to CapQ and they should pass it on to Crap1.

Have read your thread it sounds as tho ur about to be payed out. Well done.:) Having been thro ur thread it all sounds a little more complicated than claiming bank charges back am in final stages with Nat West and tho it has took longer than expected it all bin pretty straight forward as all charges were un paid D/Ds or S/Os.

All the best Sarah :)

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your reply Dpick.:) Can you explain CCA for me? So all correspondance to CapQ and they should pass it on to Crap1.

Have read your thread it sounds as tho ur about to be payed out. Well done.:) Having been thro ur thread it all sounds a little more complicated than claiming bank charges back am in final stages with Nat West and tho it has took longer than expected it all bin pretty straight forward as all charges were un paid D/Ds or S/Os.

All the best Sarah :)

Hi Sarah CCA request you are requesting "A true copy of the original Customer Credit Agreement". For your credit card account there is a template letter here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

The letter you want is letter "N" I used this amended to ask for a "TRUE copy of the original agreement"

You can then check if the copy is a properly regulated credit agreement and not an application form or as with my MBNA agreement an improperly executed agreement and not enforcable. More of this later first get your CCA request in. Also include a line that the £1 fee for the CCA is not to be deducted from the account balance.

I would send your CCA request special delivery (£4.30) but please remember if they dont have an agreement you then have a large stick to hit them with.

Time scales for CCA request are 12 working days from reciept then they are in default after another calander month they are commiting an offence.

all the best dpick:p