sumbody help me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having looked through these threads, i realise that im seeing the name of 3 mobile a few too many times. i wish id seen this earlier and id never signed up with them.

i to cut a very long, dreary, and somewhat exhausting story short, i purchased a 3 contract 35 quid a month in january via an independant company, dunno if im allowed to say the name or not. they promised me chashback so id pay virtually nothing, by the 4rth month.

turns out the company stopped taking any of my phone calls, or responding, when the time came to cough up my money, and now i can no longer afford the contract! ive tried numerous times, phoning 3 as well the company but its like talking to a blank wall. they will n ot cancel my contract! ive cancelled my direct debit to them as well, n ive told em ill see em in court!

now ive got two questions!

1)who is my contract actually with? 3 or the company i brought it from?

2)do i have a chance in court if i only made a contract with an independant company and as they have not honoured their end of the contract, i dont need to honour mine?

what shall i do?

help me, coz to be honest, i NEVA wann have to talk to them customer service ppl again!

1) Your network contract is with 3. It is 3 that is providing you with a service, and you are paying 3.

2) You almost certainly have a contract with 3. The fact that you also had an agreement with a separate company regarding cashback is almost certainly irrelevant, and you still have to continue to pay 3. If you do not pay 3, you will probably find that they will disconnect you and pursue you for the full remaining line rental of your contract, and you will damage your credit rating.

If the company you had your cashback deal with is still in business, you may be able to pursue them for the sum owed to you through the courts. However, this will not be instantaneous.

Some people have had some success getting 3 to reduce their line rental bills, having explained that they are unable to pay. See numerous other threads in this forum.

Never enter a mobile phone contract you can't afford.

I appreciate you'd be better informed if you joined this forum BEFORE you signed up - but it's unfair to complain about 3UK, the problem you describe in not under the control of ANY network, and failing cashback schemes (which are very much like pyramid schemes in a way) were so common - are less so now as people are more knowledgeable about how volatile these dealer promises can be.

Pursue the cashback company, pm me their name if you cant get a hold of them i can usually find a lot of information about a company and may be able to assist. It does seem there are a lot of things like this going on

buzby, in fairness 3 seem to be particularly guilty of letting any sheister set up as a reseller. i'm sure i've heard that they're clamping down a bit, which can only be a good thing.

The problem for 3UK, is the contract and deal have been set up correctly. It is because the 'cashback' scheme is underwritten by the dealer and not the network that the problems arise. They are using the dealers commission to pay for the cashback, and if this doesn't materialise as the dealer expects, the customer is left standing as the dealer goes to the wall. No network has been immune from this and 3UK now has onerous conditions in place for their retailers to stop this happening. Yes, they have chucked out dealers who have tried to con the public, so they've done what they can. The T&C regulating the situation are those of the network, which won;t refer to the cashback as the promotion had nothing to do with them.

The answer is to explain to 3UK the situation and their standard response is to allow a tariff modification that will cut down the monthly spend to help the consumer caught in this trap. If the dealer is no longer a 3UK agency, this will be a slam-dunk.

BASH.COM LTD

126A UPTON LANE

LONDON

E7 9LW

Company No. 05639881

Looks as though the company is being wound up (closing)

I dont think you will get much luck getting anything from them. I will look for more

Ok the company look to be doomed, i found another company who are linked to them in some way, they may be able to provide more info

Talk2 Sales Marketing

I will keep looking

Told you it was bad

4.22(SC) - Notice of constitution/continuance of liquidation/creditors committee12/03/20064.22(SC)

http://www.creditgate.com/companysearch/BASH.COM+LTD.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey, im somewhat happy to say that after months of sending letters to 3, and asking them to deal with my solicitor, 3 came to a compromise saying that theyd give me credit on my account and reduce my line rental. i was very happy and accepted it! but a coupla days later, they turned around and sed that in order to reduce the line rental, id have to carry out an xtra 6 months on my contract, so in total, 24 months with them altogether! just wanted to know if they are allowed to turn back on their word after everyfing was settled?!

dont worry, though cos im thinking of accepting their renewed offer, and the sooner i get away from 3, the better!

The sneaky bar stewards! This contract extension is NOT ON! Your agreement was based on the details discussed at the time. Their subsequent revised offer disadvantages you, and you don't (indeed shouldn't) have to accept it. Of course, you could argue if they are locking you in for another 6 months, you'd want and expect a new handset in compensation for their enforced additional lock-in period. :D