Unfair interest charge for payment holiday

dearone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just realised that I am paying interest for a payment holiday I took at the beginning of my bank loan. As a result I am paying £15 a month than I should be. Apparently had I not taken this payment holiday of four months than I would be paying for the rate quoted. This isn't making sense to me. At know stage when I took the loan out was i informed that it would be more expensive for me to take a payment holiday. On my loan agreement it clearly states that the term of the loan is 60 months and not 64 months. And there is no mention of where this extra is coming from or how they have based it. I spoke to my bank today and they have just simply quoted me the figures on my loan agreement. They have not verified when I was meant to have been informed that I was going to pay over £180 a year for five years for taking a four month payment holiday. As my loan was done over the phone can I ask for transcripts? or what else can I do? I feel like I have been tricked.:sad: