• Tweets

• If the legendary dx could offer his wisdom it would be greatly appreciated 
    • Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

welcome finance and ppi **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya i hope someone can help.

My husband bought a car through welcome finance. After finding this site and reading through we were made aware that ppi insurance is not compulsory and we did not need to take it out to guarantee welcome being paid in event of loss of job.

We wrote to welcome about this using the template letter we found on this site.

They got the letter yesterday. Today my husband has had a call asking why its taken 18 months to dispute it..

They then said they would get back to him tomorrow but if they do cancel it, my husband will have to go down to welcome and sign a new credit agreement as the old one would then be incorrect.

I dont know if this is right. My worry is that we would be signing for a new loan although they didnt say that over the phone.

Are we within our right to take the new agreement home and get it properly looked at before signing it?

Does is sound right that we would have to sign a new agreement?

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

karen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karen

Dont know if youve read my thread re my daughters fight with them.

They suggested this to her to at one point but I advised her not to sign anything, I personally would not trust them after all the blatant lies and so many lame excuses thay have fed her.

If your interested the thread is

Mis-sold PPI v Welcome

Im just about to update it hope perhaps it can help you in some way.

Keep me posted as to your situ

regards:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

no knowing the in and outs of it i do not think you would require a new agreement just cancelling an optional insurance surely the credit agreement remains the same find out who the ppi is with (insurance company) write to them direct and cancel ,if not phone the financial ombudsman

My daughter has been told she has to sign new agreement as well. I rang the Norwich Union for her but they said as Welcome paid the PPI up front they have no record of my daughter, so she's hit a wall on that idea

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hiya welcome have contacted us today stating that all they could do is cancel the ppi from now but arent able to refund any. I dont really know what the next step is. Ive asked for there reply in writing.

I dont know if there is a second letter i send them or what really.

I would be grateful of any suggestions

karen

Hiya, Ive sent out the second letter i found on here just stating that the ppi was missold and i want it refunded within 7 days. Im not sure if i will get a reply to this letter but i presume the next step would be to start court proceedings.

Would it be the mcol for reclaiming ppi?

thanks in advance for help

karen

hiya

Got a reply today basically saying that the policy was not mis sold. the documents were signed and thats that. I presume the next stage would be mcol but i havent got a clue how to work out the amount to claim or what to write in the poc.

any help would be appreciated

karen

hiya

Got a reply today basically saying that the policy was not mis sold. the documents were signed and thats that. I presume the next stage would be mcol but i havent got a clue how to work out the amount to claim or what to write in the poc.

karen

Hello Karen,

Of course they will deny it was mis-sold and it is all your fault, you signed it didn't you. Only because you have infact been mislead by them. If you thought for one minute you would have got the loan without it, I am sure you would have told them that you did not want it. Did they give you a choice?????? They will deny it up to the point of giving you a cheque:eek:

Have you cancelled the policy now and did you get any refund. and I do hope that you did not sign a new agreement:eek:

You have stated that you do not have a clue how to work out the amount to claim. Have you done a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? and got a breakdown of the cost of the premium and the interest that was applied and the term it ran for.

Maybe take a step back and think about your next move before you rush into a court claim. You need to do your homework and get the information right before you do this. Sorry if I have misunderstood the point you are at, but can you post up the breakdown on the thread.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hiya hellhasnofury, Thanks so so much for your reply. I have wrote them a letter to cancel the policy but not heard anything back from that letter yet. That was 2 weeks ago today. So no i havent been refunded anything yet.

They still have 15 days left on the sars i sent them so havent got that back either.

Didnt sign a new agreement no. And we wont either. Read lots of threads about welcome now and no way would put our names to anything else of theres.

Thanks for your advice and help regarding this

karen

hi Karen,

have you complain to FSA?

If not, than please write to them and explain how the ppi was mis-sold....

regards,

itsme

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

hi Karen,

have you complain to FSA?

If not, than please write to them and explain how the ppi was mis-sold....

regards,

itsme

Hello Karen,

I agrre with itsme have a read to this link

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Maybe ring to write to the Financial Services Authority for advise

Also sent another letter to welcome re your refund, giving them a gentle nudge to get a move on quoting what the fsa are saying:D

When you get your sar, there may be move information to work on re the mis-selling of the ppi,

Have you sent a CCA request for your original agreement? iF MAYBE CONSIDER THIS oops sorry hit the caps button:-o

You will find the template letter in the general debt section under the sticky DCA templates, you need letter N send it with a £1 postal order recorded delivery and start counting the days:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Karen,

send them a complaint, explaining how PPI was mis-sold and what they told you when you took the loan...how it happend and what circumstances you were in. There is a small copy on my thread you can read.

If we all do it...the FSA will iventually fine Welcome....for misleading people..Well, they deserve it...

regards,

Itsme

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Hiya itsme,

Thanks for that have done it and posted. Should i get a response from the fsa?

Sent second letter recorded to welcome today stating that the ppi should be cancelled and that i will disagree with there letter that it wasnt missold and will be claiming the monies back.

Will let you know if and when i get a reply.

thanks for all your help

karen

Great,

you can keep FSA apdated with your claim, but the most important that they know the way you have been mis-sold PPI...I think it's just a time for the WF owners to pay off..for all the misleading!!!!!

Regards,

Itsme

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya just to update.

I got what looks like a standard letter back from fsa telling me to basically complain to the fos about this missold ppi and that they are unable to deal with individual cases.

Sent off a complaint to the fos. Ive had an acknowledgement back that they have recieved it but nothing else as yet.

Sent another letter recorded to welcome (mr scothern) on 26/6 stating that i disagree with hes letter that this ppi policy was not missold and to confirm that this policy should now be cancelled.

Ive heard nothing back again yet.

Receieved my statements from welcome and they sent the £10 postal order back (very decent of them lol).

I was horrified to see that we have loads of £5.00, £10.00, £20.00, fees taken and also that we have different amounts which we have been told are interest payment for being in arrears. They total about £450.00. Apparantly our arrears are £442.52. So the charges make up for the arrears.

I dont know if we can claim any of this back but welcome any suggestions.

Also at the begining of the statement it states

disbursal of fees £150.00 (i believe is the arrangement fee)

disbursal of interest charges £5972.49 (must be the interest)

disbursal to broker account £8844.00 (amount of the loan)

insurance premiums advanced £3073.35

So is this £3073.35 what im claiming back? How do i work out what has been paid already and whats not.

This is so so confusing. Keep looking at this and getting no where.

HELP!!!!!!!

karen

Hiya, Recieved a letter today from My Scothern stating that he had recieved my letter and can confirm that the ppi has been cancelled. The sum of £1547.15 has been rebated to our car loan account.

Also as we have no evidence to support my allegations of mis selling ppi please accept this as a final response although i can escalate claim to the ombudsman.

Well i have already done that and ive had a letter back saying that it will be looked into but reading up on welcome on this site it looks like it may have to go to court. omg

Ive found some figures for the ppi and im still not sure how the refund was worked out and what exact figure im now claiming i wonder if someone could have a look for me

ppi policy term in months 48

price included ipt £2328.39

interest £1117.49

total payable £3445.88

monthly payment £71.79

credit cash advance £272.69

acceptance fee £4.63

insurance payments £94.76

which makes the monthly payments £372.08 which we pay weekly £100

i dont understand the ipt £90.64

also it states the apr 23.9%

and the flat rate 12%

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hiya, dont really know what my next move is now. I have sent the standard letter for ppi to be refunded. Ive sent the lba and ive got a reply saying that basically they dont agree its been missold and unless i can basically prove it was missold they cant help.

Also got the same sort of reply with all the charges of £5 £10 £20 £100 in total about £600.00. I sent the standard letter off and the lba but got a letter back stating that there fees are fair etc etc

So i presume next stage is going through mcol but i dont feel i know enought to do this.

any help or advice would be appreciated

karen

Hiya, dont really know what my next move is now. I have sent the standard letter for ppi to be refunded. Ive sent the lba and ive got a reply saying that basically they dont agree its been missold and unless i can basically prove it was missold they cant help.

Also got the same sort of reply with all the charges of £5 £10 £20 £100 in total about £600.00. I sent the standard letter off and the lba but got a letter back stating that there fees are fair etc etc

So i presume next stage is going through mcol but i dont feel i know enought to do this.

any help or advice would be appreciated

karen

Hello Karen,

Welcome play hard ball, read reidnets thread. He is at the court stage giong to court in December I think??? Maybe sent him a pm, he woont mind he is great:D

Now you have already complainted to the FOS, and that can take some time, so my advise would be wait and see what they say, if it is bad news, then go to court.:D

Thanks for that. Will have a read up now on reidnets thread. I believe the fos are well behind with things at the moment though so i wouldnt expect to hear anything yet i suppose.

How about the charges i presume this will be treated seperatly. So as i have had a letter stating that they are not going to repay them should i start the mcol for this.

thanks once again for all your help

karen

Thanks for that. Will have a read up now on reidnets thread. I believe the fos are well behind with things at the moment though so i wouldnt expect to hear anything yet i suppose.

How about the charges i presume this will be treated seperatly. So as i have had a letter stating that they are not going to repay them should i start the mcol for this.

thanks once again for all your help

karen

Sorry Karen,

Without going back to read you thread, have you sent the prelim and then the lba letters, if you have then it is court time.

Best to use the N1 form, you will be able to put more on it, mcol has a word count and you cannot put to much.

You will find the n1 form in the bank template letters sticky.

Sorry forgot to mention, do not rush this, once admitted to the court, if you decide to change it it will cost £35 and waste time, and the court date is going to be far enough away.