Loz vs A&L maybe...

loz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just starting a thread here as I consider whether to go after A&L... I am quite worried by the prospect that they will close my account, as I've only had it since last year (when HSBC closed another!) and therefor the charges will add up to a relatively small amount. I tried to keep within my limits but I'm fundamentally rubbish with money and A&L have stung me. I'm trying to read other threads to find out what their current policy is on account closures, but it seems a little unclear. :-S

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Understand your thoughts Loz but as the charges are relatively small have you tried phoning them to see if they will refund them to you before you start firing off letters to them?

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hmmm I'm not very happy with the phone... might try a simple letter rather than using the template, see what happens.

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Reference closures as far as i know A&L have closed accounts as a result of claiming charges and have had their hands slapped and fined for doing so.

To the best of my knowledge at the moment they are making partial offers near to court date and indicating that if you accept the offer they wont close your account - a little blackmail i think:rolleyes:

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE