Arriva Bus Drivers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now, of course, that they get free Oyster cards instead of bus passes, and AFAIK there's no restrictions on usage with regards to time of day, the 'too-earlies' or 'twirlies' will fade into the mists of the past...

Oop North the twirlies will never fade away. :D

Please let us know from where you inferred your above info - I'd be very interested to find out.

part of the general terms & conditions of carriage mentioned on your ticket. which every passenger should should get and read.

also states, if there is a seat, you must use it. & please remain seated until the bus stops etc as in above msg.

anyhow.twirlies.........yep general pain sadly, i just wish they would not try to travel before 9am. with todays traffic it makes every bus late for workers.

nuff said

this thread has been hi-jacked enough

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

part of the general terms & conditions of carriage mentioned on your ticket. which every passenger should should get and read.

also states, if there is a seat, you must use it. & please remain seated until the bus stops etc as in above msg.

I have an Oyster card. Before Oyster cards, I used to pay in cash, and there were no conditions of carriage printed on my little paper ticket. You are talking about buses and not trains, right? Because if 'everyone has to remain seated until the bus comes to a stop', there would be no provision for standees (which there is, ref my above post about standing room). Are you sure you're talking about buses? Everyday, run-of-the-mill buses?

And twirlies are harmless, leave 'em alone :D

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

i never said there were T&C on you ticket

it refers to them, you need to get them and read.

when you buy a ticket you enter into a contract of sorts, they promise to provide a service , we promise to be good passengers.

again please read what i post.. IF there is a seat available.

anyhow, this is someones thread, let them get assistance.

dx100uk

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm just questioning it because I've used buses regularly for my entire life, and have never seen this condition 'that you must stay sitting until the bus comes to a stop' in all that time. I did read what you posted - and again, I'm still saying that you can't realistically have a condition like that if there are people standing anyway. I am honestly wondering where you've seen it, I'm not getting at you. Besides, the OP hasn't posted for over a week; I don't think they're coming back.

-----

You lot are very ageist - if that's the word - However, I think its what area you live as to restrictions on concessionary passes. In the West Midlands you cannot use them before 9.30 am, so you young ones can get to work on time:p

well i wish they would put that rule back on our buses, they took the 9:30am and changed it to 9am, hence the problem here.

all our arriva buses have notices that state:

"Please remain seated until the bus stops at a designated bus stop".

and they have ones that say:

'you are required to take a seat, if one is available'

older notices state

"please do not stand if a seat is available"

at the bottom of two is a line which says

'for further information about your safe journey by Arriva, ask at your local bus information Kiosk for a copy of our Terms & Conditions of Carriage'

might it be on-line?

dx100uk

and they

might it be on-line?

I was trying to find the T&Cs earlier and gave up - too much wading through irrelevant gumpf in the search results. :) However:

Thanks for the link, Stu - the only thing I could find with regards to standing is this:

[Passengers must] follow the directions of staff concerning the maximum number of standing passengers that a bus is permitted to carry and not stand on the upper deck or staircase of a double deck vehicle. Every bus carries details of its capacity including standing passengers.

By my logic (I may be wrong

:D) it's unreasonable to throw out a claim for injury because the claimant stood up too soon, as the bus company makes specific provision for standing travellers. I would (if I were the adjudicator) blame the incident on either driver error (driving too fast and braking suddenly) or driver accident (driver being forced by another [stupid] road user to brake or swerve suddenly).

-----

Right, let me get my point across.

I sympathise with all the majority of bus drivers who are decent and are, unfortunately, sometimes victims of abuse from passengers. I am not disputing that. I am also stating that I have never been arrested nor convicted of any offence before.

This is not a case of me being a violent person looking to pick a fight. If you were there you would have understood that the driver was relishing having a go at me for a minor thing of "not ringing a bell". The bus driver was certainly no little, vunerable person. He looked more like a six foot bouncer (which makes it sillier for me to have retaliated).

I was as mentioned before already in an emotionally confused, distressed state and was just wanting to go about my lawful business without harrasment from any individual. I just needed to get home and relax and await my family to get home. As I said I was suffering from severe confusion because of my condition. It is now worse than ever and have just been singed off work for a month. This is only about three months after having suffered a major three month relapse and being confirmed as my MS being relapsing-remitting where before it was considered benign.

As I also said I have been trated for depression for at least twelve to thirteen years, and as someone mentioned the "glass skull" rule, just because you can state that you were not aware of anyones pre-existing condition it does not make it right. I have always lived by the old adage of treat others as you expect to be treated yourself and to walk away from confrontational situations. This time, and this time only, I did not due to the circumstances already mentioned.

I am not defending what I did, I have learnt from it but I am also saying that if all factors are taken into consideration I do not think the bus driver is such a blameless party. Also I was restrained by three people and as I mentioned it was during the restraint I was hit over the head. However, I have found out that even though it was in my statement no attempt had been made to trace this person who in turn had assaulted me. This is contrary to police procedures of "due processs" as I have mentioned in my earlier posts.

I regret this incident deeply in so far as my reaction but please, please, please understand that it was a one off incident and was partly my ilnesses which made me act like this.

Thank you for reading.

hey rob, **** happens. not a problem

personally my heart goes out to you. you bear it well.

can i be bold and p'haps suggest something here.

go into the bus garage.

explain your story.

ask to see the bus driver and apologise for what happened.

you and he will gain far more from this that going down the other route [sic]

i bet he feels as bad about it as you do.

problem solved.

keep your chin up

lifes not always bad

dx100uk

and they