Vampyra -vs- The Tweenies.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My letter answered and application form was returned by Cabot today. See as below.

cabot1.jpg

cabot2.jpg

This is the "CA" Application Form - notice the wording at the top left saying "Barclaycard Student Application" and the wording bottom right saying "IMPORTANT The above section must be signed for your application to be considered". Plainly this application form is virtually illegible in parts. It is NOT a CA and does not provide an APR, Credit Limit and repayment schedules.

cabot3.jpg

I have no idea what this is for and what it is supposed to prove - and no it's not my signature I never saw this piece of paper.

cabot4.jpg

This is a "new" addition to their little bundle of papers. Contrary to their letter, this is the first time they have sent me this.

cabot5.jpg

I am gonna send one more letter to Cabot stating it all very clearly as they feel they only have to supply one if they have one which they have stated in as many words they haven't but believe if they don't they can still enforce an alleged debt!

They have stated quite clearly that "although the original copy may not be available to Cabot via Barclaycard, Baclaycard have supplied Cabot with a copy of the original which has been enclosed and previously supplied and satisfies all requirements".

So, now my question is, what is the legal difference between an original copy and a copy of the original? :p

An original copy is the original document. A copy of the original is just that, a copy (such as a photocopy).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Cabot, according to a paragraph there are "reliant on Barclaycard to supply information.." etc etc

So at what point did Cabot get your agreement or permission to process your data, or even demand payment from you in respect of this debt to Barclaycard??

A Data Protection Act approach perhaps??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Well this isn't a CA is it? No prescribed terms and I would gather unenforcable - but I'm not going to write endless letters to them about it. How can they, when I quoted the prescribed terms and laws of the act in my letter, sit back hand me an application form and say that is good enough?

They are so thick!

*is angry with Cabot now*

Highly likely TS will just tell you to pay and be done with it.

In that position, I would be tempted to see if they are prepared to take the risk of taking you to court. This CCA (if it is one) doesn't appear to be enforceable, and I think they know it.

What have you got to lose?? If in the unlikely event they do take you to court and win, you get a CCJ and told to pay what you can afford and Cabot are out of hair.

It's a gamble.

I have a feeling they'll let it go, because it's probably just not worth the time and expense now they know you're going to put up a fight.

I will be very surprised if they pursue it, but like you say, they are pathetic.