Bryan Carter

ShandyMan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bryan Carter and his many bogus organisations are currently being looked into and once we have gathered all the information together, are looking to airing our findings on all media.

If you have any other information that we may find useful then please post them here or send me a PM. (Please Note: posting replies here will be better)

Thanks,

ShandyMan.

Bryan Carter is MinceMeat

hi

bryan carter has been collecting money from me on behalf of cap 1 for a while now and i have letters headed with bryan carter dated after his firm ceased trading on 28/0202007

any ideas what i should do next ????????

also i cca d them and they failed there 12 day deadline , but want to wait until the further 30 days before contacting them again really

Shandyman - out of curiosity who are you representing? You say "we", do you mean the CAG or are you representing another group?

Also, people should be careful not to post anything libelous about Bryan Carter or any other person or organisation for that matter.

Shandyman - out of curiosity who are you representing? You say "we", do you mean the CAG or are you representing another group?

Also, people should be careful not to post anything libelous about Bryan Carter or any other person or organisation for that matter.

We are another group outside of the CAG...

Bryan Carter is MinceMeat

• 9 months later...

carter is still trading under his own name but to me hes using it as a secondary "cover" as hes a named partner in Crellins.

further his address on his letterhead is not his its fredrickson international.

i served papers on that adress but was told by post office when i went to special deliver them that the chances were that carter wouldnt accept them

• 5 months later...

Hello, I am new here today.I have been served court papers for a Kays catalogue debt. I have had phone calls from Brian Carter solicitors too.

I am in the process of trying to claim lower repayments as I am now a single parent on benefits and in a financial mess.

The court claim was for less than £200 but on the phone and in other letters they want the full balance of nearly £700.

Am I right in thinking this is wrong, to tell the court a smaller amount, then tell you they want the whole balance?

I want to see how much is made of of late payment charges, as the debt wasn't that high, when I defaulted.

The original court letter from Brianm Carter was from around June this year.

Carter is reknowned for only applying a CCJ to cover his costs. His intentions are to recover the full amount and taking a second bite at the court system for the rest. Check for threads created by pmhcfc because there is a large discussion over his entitlement to apply for a CCJ and re-apply later.

Another poster mentioned recently he is listed as an overseas trader now?

Hello, I am new here today.I have been served court papers for a Kays catalogue debt. I have had phone calls from Brian Carter solicitors too.

I am in the process of trying to claim lower repayments as I am now a single parent on benefits and in a financial mess.

The court claim was for less than £200 but on the phone and in other letters they want the full balance of nearly £700.

Am I right in thinking this is wrong, to tell the court a smaller amount, then tell you they want the whole balance?

I want to see how much is made of of late payment charges, as the debt wasn't that high, when I defaulted.

The original court letter from Brianm Carter was from around June this year.

Hi karen, start your own thread on this to get help.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, we need some help please!

I'll try to make this short......here goes!

After splitting with his girlfriend 2 yrs ago, my chap was looking into payments coming out of his bank account that was a joint, but now in just his name. He came acroos payments for B Carter with no idea what it was for and his ex woulnd't shed any light. After contacting them they said it was for a debt with Citibank for just over £3000 so he asked for more info. A letter arrived addressed to his ex so he called again to say she doesn't live here and to stop the letters and he will stop the D/D. He was warned that there would be action taken against him, so he requested written proof that his name appeard on the debt. He recieved a letter to state that the account will be put on hold while they investigated the situation - of course it wasn't and the next payment was taken regardless.

He called them yet again and the woman was extreemly rude, she told him he had stood Guarantor on the debt in 1996! He does not recall ever standing Guarantor so again asked for details to be sent. Nothing after 2 months so I decided to look this Co up on the web where I came accros this very informative site!

I was so very angry that he had got away with this with others and not just us for so long, so I sent a letter recorded delivery including a couple of templates copied from this site which I have posted below:

To Whom it may concern,

I received a letter from yourselves dated 19th January 2007 addressed to Ms XXXX. I called to say she no longer lives at my address above and requested information for what the debt was for as I have no recollection whatsoever.

Having gone through a very stressful year with the separation of myself and XXXX and one thing and another, I finally sought financial advice for the items being paid via direct debit from my bank account (which was once joint with XXXX). I was advised to check what this debt was and whether I was liable. During one telephone conversation I was told that my name did not appear on any of the documents for this particular debt, then on a separate occasion I was told that I stood Guarantor. I therefore asked for proof of this as I do not remember ever standing Guarantor for anything.

I then received in the post on 26th June 2008 addressed to XXXX a Statement of Account of all payments made since April 1996, but there was no mention of my name at all, so I called and explained the situation, again. I received a letter dated 1st July 2008, again addressed to XXXX, to say that instructions from your client has been requested and that the account has been placed on hold, but you have continued to collect without any further communication. I did call again on 19th July 2008 and I spoke to a lady called XXXX who informed me that it was too late to stop July’s payment but that would be the last which is obviously not true as you have taken a payment in August, September and today 15th October. I requested that she send me proof of my involvement with this debt as soon as possible but have received nothing.

Following numerous telephone calls and without conclusion, I therefore inform you that I will cancel my direct debit payments today until satisfactory evidence as stated on page 2 is sent to me, which was advised by XXXX when I called last night on 14th October 2008.

Sorry to bore everyone with the letter but I need to know if we did the right thing? Also because now 2 more letters have arrived (still addressed to her, no mention of my chap's name) with no reference to the letter we sent. One states that she has breached her payment agreement and further action will be taken to enforce payment, and the other is headed Letter Before Action, and that thet intend to re-apply for the next payment, and if the payment is not honoured further action will be taken to recover the full amount.

What's our next step please? This is really getting to us as we've never been involved in a situation like this before,,,,,arrrggghh!!!

Page 1 of 2

I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

I am familiar with the ‘Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance’ which states that it is unfair to demand payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await either verification or your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise we will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Sorry peeps, I'm new to this so my post above didn't show as planned!! The letter I sent to Bryan Carter seems to have been split in two as I copied and pasted form my saved copy, hope someone can make sense of it all and give us some much needed advice!

Cheers

I had a CCJ given to me via BC on behalf of Cap1 in Sept 2005.

I SAR Cap 1 to find they apparently never received any monies from BC. Also the full amount of the CCJ was paid 3 days before the deadline and I have had a CCJ on my account ever since and UNSATISFIED.

I have written to Northampton Bulk Clearing but am still awaiting a reply.

Egg/CapQuest 2 - CCA sent 12/04/07 ****RESULT****

Barclays Bank/Lowell 1 - CCA sent 12/04/07 ****RESULT****

Halifax/CapQuest 1 - CCA sent 12/04/07 SD issued ****WON with COSTS****

Barclaycard/Cabot - CCA Sent 12/04/07 Unenforcable Application Form

Smile/Lowell 2 - CCA sent 12/04/07 Unenforcable Application Form

NatWest/Fredrickson International - CCA sent 12/04/07 No Reply

Halifax/1st Credit - CCA sent 17/04/07 No CA but Threats from 1st Credit & Connaught! - Still Nothing but still chasing!

Student Loans Company/CapQuest 3 - CCA sent 11/06/08 - No Reply.

Lowell 3 - Ignored them went over their heads to Capital One

Halifax - S.A.R - sent 17/04/07 Completely incomplete!

Halifax 2 - S.A.R - sent 11/06/08 - Scant Info

Capital One - S.A.R - sent 11/06/08 - Scant Info

Hacked off, it would be better to start you own thread on this, that way you will get more help.

if you have requested the info over 2 / 3 months ago and still not recieved it why on earth have you not cancelled the direct debit?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Write to them and state that due to non compliance of your cca request this account is now in serious dispute and tha any attempts to enforce collection is unlawful and will be defended by yourselves

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Go to the top of the debt forum or which ever forum you wish to post in, and there is a button entitled new thread on the left hand side:)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------